description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 1st Oct 2024 / Sun Li Film & TV guide 13th May 2024

Monday, March 24, 2014

Hanako to Anne


I wanted to write about this when Kajiura Yuki tweeted about it on the 11th Mar but I was just unable to take time out to update the blog then.  Now that I have some time, I think I'll do a quick post about it since it's looking increasingly unlikely that I will be able to write about Ieiri Leo's "a boy" album, a band (called Karasu 鴉 ) that I just re-discovered and the experience of watch 3 Ghibli movies on the big screen last week. :)

Some time ago, it was announced that Kajiura Yuki will write the bgm for NHK's new asadora starring Yoshitaka Yuriko.  On the 11th Mar, Kajiura Yuki tweeted that the series will start airing on the 31st of Mar.  The website for that asadora is also already up and there is a PV for it.  The opening theme song is by Ayaka and isn't written by Kajiura Yuki.  That should be the song that's playing under the PV.

I would of course have loved it if Kalafina or FictionJunction sang the theme song but I don't think they're kind of music is really asadora theme song material, sadly. :(  Ayaka's a great singer... just doesn't usually sing the kind of songs that I like which is why don't buy her stuff... but I will most likely buy the OST for this series because it's Kajiura Yuki.  I'll most likely buy the 3rd OST for the Rekishi Niwa Historia tv documentary series next month.... although I am struggling between getting that and this ufotable release.

source
This looks like it might be an awesome artbook to own.... so many decisions. :P

Anyway, I am looking forward to this series, not just because Kajiura Yuki writes the music but also because I quite like Yoshitaka Yuriko who's the lead actress in this series.  Hopefully, I will be able to watch it. :)

Okay... time for bed... I took longer than I wanted over these posts. :)

Good night!! :)

No comments: