description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Anime Festival Asia - Malaysia - Autograph Results

AFA Malaysia is almost here. :)  This Saturday morning, I will be flying into Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to attend the 2 day anime festival.  I'm primarily there for the anisong events since I don't cosplay and none of the stage events really interest me this time.

The biggest reason why I'm going is for Kalafina, of course. :)  This time, there will be 6 of us attending anisong on the first day and 3 of us attending the anisong events on the second day.  Of the 6 of us, 4 of us like Kalafina :)  while one other is probably there for Flow and the other one is there for the experience.  Luckily for me Flow is not on the same day as Kalafina so I was able to convince everyone to select Kalafina as the artist they hope to win the autograph from and in the end, out of our 6 tickets, only 2 tickets won the draw for Kalafina's autograph on the first day.  Of the other four tickets, one went to Aimi, one more to Kurosaki Maon and our other two tickets won nothing. :(  Still... I am very happy we managed to get Kalafina and two autographs too. :)  I was hoping for all and then I would try and convince the other two non-Kalafina fans to pass me their posters so that I could give them as gifts to Megumi and Itsuko but sadly, we didn't manage to win that many. (Link to the AFA autograph results page)

I'm not sure if we will be able to meet Kalafina or if these posters will be pre-signed.  I'm hoping we can meet them but it seems like that may not happen because the instruction on the AFAMY page is that winners are to collect the posters from the AFA booth after the concert and not from the autograph booth.  Last year, at the AFA in Singapore, I collected my autograph from the autograph booth and managed to meet the three members of Kalafina in person. It was quite a fan-girl moment for me and I only managed two words to each of them.  I was hoping that I would have the chance to improve by at least going up to three words each. :D  Kidding. :D More likely, I would be overwhelmed again. :)

I have been sort of listening to BayFM's Kalafina Club these past two weeks.  During last week's radio broadcast, Keiko was unable to speak very much because she had her wisdom tooth extracted, I think it was a day or two, before the recording.  During this week's broadcast, Keiko has yet to fully recovered.  I'm not sure how far in advance they tape these programs, but I really do hope that Keiko will have recovered by AFAMY, not just for the fans but also for her sake and for Kalafina's sake.  I'm sure she'll not find it much fun to be at an event and be unable to perform her best and if Keiko's not at her best, I can't imagine that Wakana and Hikaru will find it much fun too.  Gambatte and get well soon, Keiko!!  While I don't think she or any one of the members of Kalafina and their staff will ever read my well wishes... it's cool... I think thinking good thoughts and wishing good thoughts is just as good. :)

Alrighty, time to go get some rest.  I've been roto-ing a rather taxing shot these past few days and I'm kind of tired.  That's it for now... when I am freer or in a mood, I'll do the Nanoha Portable un-boxing this week.  If not, maybe the next time you hear from me will be when I am in Malaysia where I hope to do a little mobile blogging. :)  Good night. :)

2 comments:

shangyou said...

Congratz on getting the Kalafina autographs!
I tried for Kalafina too but neither of my tickets won. :'(

-random guy who found your blog while trying to find someone to trade my Kotoko/Maon Kurosaki/Sea*A autograph sessions with. >_<

just me said...

Hi Shangyou,

Thanks. :) We were very lucky. I think Kalafina is likely to be the most popular artist on Day 1 and I know a lot of people didn't manage to win the Kalafina autographs.

Good luck in your search for someone to try and trade your autographs for the Kalafina one. :)

cheers