description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, August 20, 2010

Portraits 4



Okay this portrait was a complete failure and I was depressed about it for a while.  But this portrait of Frank Lampard is an important portrait because it represents a turning point for me.  After struggling with it and even receiving help from my teacher, I still failed to render any semblance of a good portrait. It was then that I decided that I HAD to find a better way to do this.

So I asked my Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts trained classmates and got some very useful advice. I decided that since I was so inexperienced in portrait drawing, the grid method was probably the best method for me. Anyway, here is "Frank Lampard" for now. :) You'll see a marked improvement in the next portrait which still has problems but none quite as horrible as this Frank Lampard.

No comments: