description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Final project - wip



One of the things my lecturer for vfx said we should do was keeo a blog tracking our progress. Actually, all my lecturers said the same thing but I never got around to doing it cuz the foundation section and software section of the course was really killing us. Now that we are in our final months, I have a little more time which is partly why I have returned to blogging.

The above is just a little jpg showing some of the models I will use later when I try and incorporate them with live footage in the final project. They have not been properly textured and I have not finished rigging them.  The model on the right is supposed to be made up from sheets of newspapers.  After a few days of experimentation, I decided to use a bend deformer to get the shape. I am currently setting up the rig using "set driven key" and will experiment with both a "lattice deformer" and "ncloth" later to try and make it look softer and less uniform.

I have been slacking a lot lately and am feeling kind of guilty about it. Will have to really focus now as I am a little behind schedule. Can't start being complacent now.  Perhaps blogging is a good thing.  If I want to keep updating the blog, I gotta have stuff for it. :)

That's it for now. Will sleep a little earlier today. Will have to do family stuff tomorrow and work more on the project late into the night tomorrow. Good night.

No comments: