description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Motorola milestone photos



I will be the first to admit that I am no fan of Apple's products and I really don't much care for the iPhone at all. But to be fair, there is one thing I do like about the iPhone and that's apps. These apps have changed the way most of us use our phones. Although using your phone to do more isn't in anyway a new concept and is a concept that Japan probably popularize better than any country before the iPhone, still it was the iPhone which popularized it worldwide.

The best thing about the iPhone is the apps and the apps store. How smart of Apple to be able to make money from apps they did not think up or create. The apps that I liked best were the photo apps which were brilliant because these apps added funky effects, like hipstamatic and lomo, to change the iPhone's pathetic photo quality to become cool and hip. So even though the song erricsson phones still shoot some of the best quality photos on a cel phone, more and more people were being attracted to these lesser quality photos.

While I still use my sony e phone because I like my photos to look nice, I was also happy to see the emergence of these funky camera apps appear in the android market. I have been a long time fan of the use of the lomo cameras and plastic cameras so being able to shoot photos using these effects to replicate traditional in-camera effects is interesting, fun and cheap. Moreover, the photo quality on the milestone isn't very good at all so these apps actually help enhance these poorer quality photos.

Anyway, I do need to go work on my project. When I have more time, I will post pictures of my school work. While I am not proficient yet, it would be nice to track my progress. :)

I leave you now with one of those photos shot and processed using one of the funky apps in my milestone. Oh, and thank god for physical keyboards cuz if I had to type all this out using just my finger on a touchscreen phone, I think I would have given up a long time ago. K, later y'all. :)

No comments: