description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Xiao Hong Lou


One of the things i really really really love is crab. And one of our favourite places to show our partiality to this shelled creature is at the Little Red House at the East Coast Seafood centre. In the past 1 1/2 years since i discovered that i was not alone in my obsession with this snappish crawler, so several of my colleagues and I have formed a support group. At the height of our need, we would troop down to the Little Red House for our monthly support sessions of drunken prawns, black pepper crabs, singapore chilli crab and the gui fei crab. Last week, during a somewhat tiring week at work, the need to fulfil this urge for that soft sweet white succulent flesh began to take hold again and i was glad that the Little Red House existed. So ten of us proceeded to gorge on two huge bowls of drunken prawns and 6 huge sri lanken crabs. And now, all is well with the world again. Now i don't know if the Little Red House makes the best crabs in Singapore but thursday's food was simply divine and i'm thankful God did not make me a vegetarian. :-) have a good sunday guys. :-)

7 comments:

sunsetrose said...

omg the crabs look sooooo goood!!!! Hey, I kinda miss our saturday dinners lerrr...

just me said...

Yes, I miss our study sessions and Saturday dinners too. Unfortunately, my family obligations on the weekend make it kinda hard. Wonder if we can do a Sunday evening once in a while.

BTW, the crabs were really good that night. Sometimes they aren't that good but we either got great crabs or their better chef on Thurs, so very yummy. I was v pleased. =)

sunsetrose said...

Yeah, maybe we can arrange to do it on Sundays instead. But I can't stay out too late coz have to work on Monday. But I think we can work it out. Let me know ok? I have lots to study now. Its increasing by the week.

just me said...

Heh heh... I'll be very busy come end of June as well. I've signed on for more Japanese classes, so I'll be going for Japanese classes 4 times a week from then onwards.

We should study together. =) I'll look into meeting up occasionally on Sundays. =)

cheers

sunsetrose said...

some more japanese classes???? *faints*

just me said...

Hahahaha.... I like wat. =D

sunsetrose said...

yeah yeah i know. I can picture your face while you are saying that :P