description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Southern Ridges - panorama



Recently I bought a new DSLR. Yes, another camera to my collection. =) This time I picked up the Olympus E-510. It's the Great Singapore Sale right now and the camera came at a very good price. The camera, including 2 kit lens, cost me SGD1098 (or there abouts) which is a really good deal and it is one of the biggest reasons why I bought it. There are other reasons, of course, but I won't go into them now.

I took this camera to test and to try and familiarize myself with it during my recent trip to the Southern Ridges Park Connector. I'm still horribly unfamiliar with all the functions and will definitely have to take it out more often.

Anyway, last year, because of work, I plunked down a fair bit of money to buy the Adobe CS3 Production Suite and one of the pieces of software that come with the bundle is Adobe Photoshop CS3. I've only really used it for relatively simple stuff and only just discovered this really cool feature. Photoshop CS3 has a fantastic photo stitching function. It's the best I've ever used to date. Very quick, rather accurate and quite, quite seamless.

I didn't shoot too many images for the expressed purpose of making panoramas as I was too busy trying to figure out the camera but I did shoot a series of shots to try and capture the view of Singapore from Mount Faber Loop, just before you get to the entry into Henderson Wave.

Hope you like the view. =)

2 comments:

sunsetrose said...

The picture is beautiful! Good job!

just me said...

Thank you. Glad you like it. =)