description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, June 12, 2008

This is for you sunsetrose...


Yesterday i went to the changi village hawker centre with two of my colleagues and had ayam penyak (sp?) for lunch. I love this indonesian dish of deep fried chicken hammered flat by a mallet and served with a plate of rice, a side of cucumbers and lots of spicy chilli. There is more than one stall selling this dish at the hawker centre. The one we go to is the more popular one with small fake stuffed roosters hanging around it's signboard giving it a bit of a haitian voodoo feel. I love the chilli that this stall makes, it's spicy and has lots of kick but yet doesn't bit or numb your mouth and isn't too salty or oily. We come visit this stall often enough and i've never thought of taking a photo of my meal till yesterday. And that's cuz of you dear sunsetrose, you like my posts on food so much, it wouldn't do not to snap one just for you. :-)

5 comments:

sunsetrose said...

Wahhh!!! So touching!!! A post specially for me!! Muacks! The photo of the Ayam Penyet (penyet=flattened in malay) looks good!!! Makes my mouth water already. Thank God I going for lunch now. :) Thanks once again. I really enjoy your posts on food. Do keep them coming ok?

just me said...

Hi hi, thanks for the correction on the spelling on Penyet. I wasn't sure how to spell it at all, you know my Malay is like non-existent. =)

Got more food shots actually. Tons of them but I don't often put them online. Will do so next time, since you're such a foodie. =)

K, maybe we can hang next Sunday, will let you know.

cheers

sunsetrose said...

Its colloquail malay actually. Okok will wait patiently for more of your food posts.

Next Sunday we going for lunch with HL remember? I might have Chinese class in the evening. I will confirm with our esteemed leader and let you know ok?

sunsetrose said...

I had Ayam Penyet yesterday. Didn't look half as good as yours and the chilli was way way too spicy. I went to 'invest' twice today. Really having jelly legs now.

just me said...

Hahahaha... You should try the one at Changi Village or the hawker centre near the Bedok camp.

Both quite good and the chilli is good too. =)

Too bad they are both quite far and not easy to get to for the two of us, if not we could go. =)