description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Monday, June 30, 2008

Sashimi


Gosh i'm kinda hungry now but am currently sitting glumly on the 858 and thinking of the scrumptous meal we had a ikoi two sunday's ago. Ikoi at the Miramar Hotel is quite well known among us foodies in Singapore. It's an inexpensive japanese buffet ala carte and it offers a selection of sashimi, tempura and various other types of japanese cuisine that are popular in Singapore. It's perhaps not the best quality but for if i remember correctly the price tag is only sgd33 (need to check). That's a really good price for the quality and variety that they offer. It's lots better that horrid Sakura buffet and also better than Kushinbo which is also better than horrid Sakura. :-) One of my friends who moved to the States with her husband was back for a visit. So a bunch of us when to ikoi to celebrate her birthday and most importantly, stuff our faces. :-) k. That's it from me, if i talk anymore about food, i might just faint. :-) ja atode.

3 comments:

sunsetrose said...

Hey, I have been to the Sakura buffet before. Free meal by my ex-boss. I thought it was ok though still a little rough round the edges. Not for the more 'refined' diners. Despite my lack of liking for Sashimi ( I tried, I really tried ), I enjoyed the meal. The chicken wings were really nice and so was the Chawanmushi. But it was sure nice seeing all of you enjoy the Sashimi though.

just me said...

The one time I've been to Sakura, I felt their scallops weren't fresh at all.

The thing I did eat a lot of was the chipolata (sp?) sausages which I've always had a soft spot for.

BTW, I just went to this Japanese curry buffet at Novena. This place called Curry Flavour. Not bad and not that expensive. We should try someday. Wanna?

sunsetrose said...

Sure! See which Sunday you free then we arrange ok?

Btw, what is chipolata? When I went to Sakura, I think I ate their satay. Didn't really try everything.