description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Bessatsu Kadokawa Soryoku Tokushu Kalafina - tokuten & other info


Kalafina announced on the 10th Jan that there will be a special Bessatsu Kadokawa Soryoku Tokushu publication that will be solely about Kalafina.  I wanted to write about it but was simply too busy to then.  I think by now most fans would know about this release.

Kadokawa is asking Kalafina fans to fill out a questionnaire by the 30th Jan and your comments might be included in the magazine. :)  CLICK ME to complete the questionnaire.

I've already filled it out and submitted it already. :)  I'm not sure if anyone was daunted by the Japanese but in case some people didn't do it because they thought they had be a resident of Japan or something, I can safely tell you that you don't need to be a resident of Japan to submit your comments.  You can just select "その他" in the drop-down menu that asks for which prefecture or town you come from and you will still be able to submit your replies.
In case anyone needs a simple translation and how-to guide, I'll do it after I talk about the tokutens.

Kalafina also announced that there will be tokutens given out with the pre-order and purchase of this publication.

Let me go through the tokutens and a little bit more additional info about this release.


This will be a A5 size release and will consist of 230 pages and will cost 1500 yen.  The book will not only have interviews with Wakana, Keiko and Hikaru, there will also be a long interview with their producer Kajiura Yuki.  I think the book may also include comments form other cross-genre artists?  At least I think that's what they are saying.

You can pre-order this release on Kadokawa's official site and at the FictionJunction Club webstore.

The Kadokawa pre-order period is from the 23rd Jan to 5th Feb. CLICK ME.
They will be giving out 3 tokutens with the pre-order.
1) A message mail from Kalafina personalized with the purchaser's name.
2) An autographed digital wallpaper for use on a PC, Smartphone or mobile phone.
3) A special postcard A.

The FictionJunction Club pre-order period is from the 23rd Jan to ??.  I don't think they stated when the pre-order ends, although they did say that they will begin shipping on the 3rd March. CLICK ME to purchase. (Note that you will have to be an FJC member to purchase this)
1) special cover
2) mini clear file
They will be selling this at the Budokan too and the special cover will be the same.  You will have to purchase this through the FJC webstore to get the mini clear file though.  They will not be giving this out at the FJC booth at the Budokan.

You can also purchase this book at Animate stores.  Animate stores will be giving out the following tokuten.
1) special postcard B
It looks like you will not need to pre-order to get this tokuten.

I'm thinking someone may have already translated this for English speaking fans but I'll do it anyway.

To fill out that questionnaire, you'll have to first go to this page. CLICK ME

You should see this:


Click the big button that says "プライバシーに同意して答えする".
It means that you agree to the "privacy policy" written out here and are willing to answer the questionnaire.

You will then see a page that looks like this:


Answer the following questions:


By the way, you don't have to use your real name.  They accept nicknames / pen names.  And although they are asking for "furigana", the web form will still work if you don't type in hiragana.


After you're done, click that button below.  The one that says "入力内容確認".  It means something like "confirm input".

You should see a page that looks like this:


By the way, I made up those answers for the purpose of this post. What I actually submitted wasn't this of course. :)

If you are ready to submit, hit the button on the right that says "入力完了" which means something like "input finished".

If you want to make amends, hit the button on the left that says "戻る" which means "return".

If you hit "入力完了", you should see this:


And you're done.  That button at the bottom just closes the window for you.

Now I'm not sure if they are accepting anything not written in Japanese but my answers were a mix of Japanese and English. :)  I don't know if they'll publish it but I thought that I would just try anyway. :)

Have fun guys and don't forget that the deadline is the 30th Jan which is pretty soon.  So if you intend to participate, please do so soon. :)

Okay... I'm off to sleep.... 3:10am... yikes!!! :P

p.s. not going to to a proper grammar / spelling check etc... so please bear with any glaring mistakes.  good night. :)

6 comments:

just me said...

Hi Jeff,

Yes, you can ask your friend to purchase those items from their web shop and have it shipped to her. OR you can even pay order them yourself, if you can read Japanese, and get them shipped to your friend's home address.

I've done both before. As in, I have asked a friend to order them for me before AND I've also ordered them by myself before and sent the items to my friend's house.

I don't recommend sending them to a hotel though because unlike places like CDJapan and Amazon JP where you can specify to a certain extent when these items are suppose to arrive at their destination, you don't have that luxury with Spacecraft's online store.

After you place your order, you get one email confirming that you have placed an order and that's it. I didn't get an email telling me the item has shipped. So it just one day turned up at my friend's house. Hahahaha... lucky I told her she'll be getting something from Spacecraft so she wasn't shocked or anything. :P

If you need any more help regarding this, you can ask me again. I'll help you as much as I am able to. :)

cheers

just me said...

Hi Jeff,

Always nice to meet a fellow fan. :)

You're welcome. I hope you manage to get all the stuff you want. :)

Ordering from Spacecraft needs a little patience because sometimes the website refuses to cooperate and your order will fail and you'll have to try again. But with a little patience it should work. They accept credit cards, international ones too. So that should not be a problem and ordering is relatively straightforward. :)

Good luck and let me know if you managed to get what you want. :) If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me again and I will try and answer them the best I can. :)

SUGOI ne!!! YOu have almost all the booklets? I don't have them all yet. Not even close. I have quite a few of them but not all. :(

I'm glad you read some of my blog posts. :) I'm not always on top of things so.... :P I'm just happy to share with fellow fans and happy that people enjoy the posts. :) Thank you!

cheers!

just me said...

Hi Jeff,

That's a pretty impressive collection. :) Hmmmm.... I've never taken photos of my collection before... maybe I should just for fun. We'll see...am pretty busy these days. :(

I've pre-ordered this 230pg book. :) I asked my friend in Japan for help with it. You can ask your friend with help for the pre-order or ask her if she'll help you pick it up from Animate when it's released.

Kalafina Paper... I did a little review of it in this post... not sure if you've seen it.

http://kiasukid.blogspot.sg/2011/12/japan-trip-kalafina-after-eden-spec.html

If I remember correctly, the paper quality is nice enough. Not as thick as some of the quality in the booklets but not too bad at all.

Hope that helps... if you need more help making up your mind let me know and I'll pull it out again and see if I can figure out a way to give you a better idea of the quality of the paper. :)

cheers

just me said...

Hi Jeff,

Sorry this reply is a little late. I've been a bit busy lately.

It's been a while since I ordered from Spacecraft. I'll try and help you out over the weekend and will write back here.

:)

just me said...

Jeff....

I must apologise that I was unable to get to this yet.

I've been terribly busy. I just woke up from a nap after dinner. :P

After I do a few things, I'll see if I can help you out with the Spacecraft webstore. :)

cheers

just me said...

Hi Jeff,

Sorry it took so long... but here you go... I wrote a guide for you. I did a proper post for anyone else who may need help with it too...

Go to this page. :)

http://kiasukid.blogspot.sg/2015/02/space-craft-webstore-guide-how-to-order.html

cheers :)