description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, September 20, 2013

Kajiura Yuki to score Hanako to An


Also, it was announced this afternoon that it has been decided that Kajira Yuki will write the soundtrack for the new NHK asadora (morning drama) Hanako to An.  (source: http://www.spacecraft.co.jp/fjc/info.html) Yay!! :)  I think it's good that Kajiura Yuki is getting different kinds of material to score.  It'll give her more opportunities to explore and experiment.  Also as asadora dorams are quite widely watched in Japan, this will also bring more exposure for her and as a fan, I am happy for her. :)

The series stars Yoshitaka Yuriko.  Another reason for me to be happy since I rather like Yoshitaka Yuriko.  She will play Muraoka Hanako who was the translator of several novels.  One of the novels was Anne of Green Gables, hence the title of this dorama which translates into English as "Hanako and Anne".

Those of us who watch dorama regularly will recognise many of those in the support cast.  It's a pretty strong support cast which even has Nakama Yukie listed as one of the names.  I'm presuming, given that Nakama Yukie is a pretty big name, she's probably in this dorama as a special guest star.

Hopefully we'll get to watch this series.  Asadora dramas aren't always that easy to find online but since this has Yoshitaka Yuriko in it, we may get lucky and get to watch and listen to this dorama. :)  I think we should be able to buy the soundtrack on CD too at some point. :)

Here's a good link.  For those of us who may be unfamiliar with what an asadora is, the link also explains what it is and also what role Yoshitaka Yuriko will be playing.   click me

Yoshitaka Yuriko

That's it for me... I need to sleep.  It's been very busy at work again.  But I'm doing prep now and I'm really happy about that but the schedules are a killer...I normally pretty wiped out by the end of the day...so off to bed to rest.  cheers :)

No comments: