description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Final Project - WIP 4

This is yet another draft render.  This time this is a render of the first shot of the project.  The 3d models are rendered out in as an iff sequence in draft quality so they don't look that good.  Also, I haven't set up the render layers yet, nor have I done the lighting, so the whole thing still looks very rough.

I need to fix some of the animating, some of the pieces of paper are crashing into each other and there is a small fix that I will need to do for the masking in AE.

Will need to check the rotoscoping when I don't feel so tired.  For now, it looks okay to me.  So now, I have finished rotoscoping Shot 1 and Shot 2.  I haven't started on the animation or the rotoscoping for Shot 3.  Yikes... must work faster.

Also, will need to remember to fiddle some more with the Mental Ray Depth of Field for the cameras.  I still think that I have too much DOP.

I brought home my school computer two days ago.  So part of tomorrow will have to be devoted to clearing the room and making space for the second workstation.  I'm hoping this will help speed things up later down the road.  This way, I can start to render out layers on one computer, while I work on the other.

Okay, that's all for now... I need to sleep real bad.  Need to wake up tomorrow morning to play table tennis too... so will sleep immediately after this post.

cheers
p.s. hmmmm... the quality of this Blogger streaming video doesn't seem to be that good... I think I'll return to using youtube next time.

No comments: