description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Monday, September 06, 2010

Final Project - WIP 2



The above is a test render of what I've been working on. This took me a lot longer than I anticipated because I didn't count on having to texture so many separate polygons when I planned my schedule initially. Also, I made one very crucial error which made me panic and took me a few days to solve. So for all you Maya users... TEXTURE your models before you deform and animate because if you don't, you may get swimming UVs which was what I faced.

Luckily for me after a lot of searching, I found a solution on someone's blog and it seems to work for now. Hopefully this solution doesn't lead to more problems. I found it on this guy's blog, if anyone is interested. http://animbiz.blogspot.com/ Read his post titled "Transferring UVs AFTER rigging...."

Anyway, ignore the blue block in the middle of the video. That's just a stand-in polygon so that I kind of have an idea where the polygons are flying infront or behind the actor. I will need to rotoscope the actor out in AE later on. For now, I'm just concentrating on the Maya portion of things.

Also, here is a pix of what the textured recycle bin looks like. I think I should add bump mapping to it too... but I don't feel like messing with that yet since I think I want to tweak the textures a bit.



I still have quite a lot more to animate... so I need to work faster so that I can start spitting out layers and get to the rotoscoping which would be quite a bit of work.

Anyway, that's it from me for now... I need to sleep. Gotta go to school tomorrow so can't sleep in.

Good night. :)

No comments: