description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Japan day 12


It's our last day in takasaki and japan. After brunch today, sachiko will take us to the train station where we'll take a 2 hour train ride to ueno. Because we wanted to save money, D and i had decided to take the local train instead of th JR shinkansen which would have taken us only one hour each way from ueno to takasaki. From ueno we'll take the keisei skyliner to narita airport where we'll say goodbye to japan for now. The above picture is a photo taken from a postcard of the lake and waterfall we were unable to see. Maybe next time. :-) k, gotta go pack. :-)

2 comments:

YTSL said...

This is seriously beautiful. Sorry you didn't get it to see it in the light. Also, how about a map showing your journeys in Japan?? ;b

just me said...

Hi YTSL,
Glad that you seem to be enjoying the mobile blog of my trip to Japan. =)

Yes, it was a pity we where unable to see it. Will have to return to visit Sachiko again. =) She said we'll have to try again. I think she hasn't visited the lake and the falls either, only her dad has.

I hope to return to see her again. She's a really good friend, known her for 10 years. We were housemates for sometime when we both lived in LA and she's like an older sister to me.

The next time I visit, hopefully we'll go checkout the lake & falls in Nikko and also another falls in Kita Karuizawa. Will have to go find the proper name for the late and falls in Nikko too. We also didn't have time to go visit the Kannon on this hill in Takasaki so will have to do that next time.

Map? I could do that... will go look it up and post it soon. =)

I also need to go through the posts on Japan, blogging via mobile can be a bit tough as I tend to be very careless with spelling etc and after it's posted, I usually can't check it till I get to a computer or something.

Meanwhile though, I really need to go some catchup on my Japanese lessons. I missed 5 in total to go visit Japan and I've got exams in the beginning of Nov... yikes. =)

Thanks for dropping by and leaving me messages, I'll get to comments bit by bit... for now, take care in HK. =)

cheers