description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Japan day 11


Sachiko and her dad were trying to take us up this mountain to see this huge lake and waterfall but the traffic up the mountain was very bad. It took us about 3 hours to get to the falls and the lake. We were told by a parking attendant at toshogu that it would be an hour to hour half drive so we thought we would get something to eat when we get to our destination. In the end it was too dark to see much. In the darkness, we were able to spy the white rush of the water off the falls and we also saw the reflection of the waters in the lake. Most of the stores were closed so we got some japanese rice crackers and a sponge like cheese cake as snacks. The rice cracker was rather spicy, kinda good. :-) although we didn't see much, i enjoyed the ride and it was a nice adventure. We also saw several wild monkeys on the way up and that was cool. :-)

3 comments:

sunsetrose said...

Looks Oishi!!! Inspire me to go get some rice crackers from my co-op tomorrow. Hehe!

just me said...

Hi hi,

The rice crackers in Japan are really quite yummy as a lot of the ones I ate were freshly made. Really good.

Street food in Japan is really yummy and I totally ate my way through my entire trip.

We should do Japan together someday, I think you'll enjoy it. But first we do Mongolia. =)

Thanks for checking out my blog so often and leaving comments. I really do appreciate them and will get to some of them soon... first I need to do some catchup on my Japanese lessons. =)

cheers

sunsetrose said...

No problem. I enjoy your posts.