description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, February 16, 2007

Photo Journeys - Changi Boardwalk - update



Finally got some time to work on this entry. So here it is, my Changi Point Boardwalk trip. =)

So on Monday, a few of us freelancers took off early from work to go to the Changi Point Boardwalk. I was quite excited as I love walks and the location sounded cool. I also brought along my v10 to take some photos to share with you guys. The reason I elected to use the v10 instead of the Canon 300D is because my colleagues were there primarily to walk and so I needed to keep up and the v10 is just more suitable for quick shots.



The Changi Point Boardwalk stretches from the Changi Beach Club to Changi Village and is segmented into several sections. They are called Sunset Walk, Kelong Walk, Cliff Walk, Sailing Point Walk, Beach Walk and the Creek Walk. The boardwalk hugs the coast of the Serangoon Harbour and the Sungei Changi.



We started our walk from the Changi Beach Club and walked at a brisk pace to Changi Village before turning around and returning to our point of origin. The entire walk itself didn't take us very long.



Cliff Walk and Sailing Point Walk


Changi Sailing Club



Sailing Point Walk continued



Beach Walk


Changi Village - end of the walk

A colleague who recommended this place to us told us it would take us 2 hours but as we were walking quite rapidly, we completed the walk from Changi Beach Club to Changi Village in about 1/2 hour's time. After that we turned back and continued walking briskly.

On the way back...








The land mass opposite is Pulau Ubin.





That's probably Punggol or Sengkang New Town in the distance.

Since we entered the boardwalk from the Changi Beach Club entry and then turned right, we missed out on the section called Sunset Walk. My colleagues were there to get some exercise and now that that mission had been completed and it was after six, we decided to stroll to the Sunset Walk section to enjoy the evening breeze and the view.

Sunset Walk






The very end of Sunset Walk

The Changi Boardwalk has several other points of interest in the vicinity but we didn't visit any. If you're interested please check out the following links.

Urban Redevelopment Authority - to view a brochure on the Changi area
Wild Singapore - a dedicated page on the boardwalk

Right, that's it from me for now. Hope you enjoyed it. =)

2 comments:

market2garden said...

Nice photos and succinct description of the trip.
View my entry if you want to look at it from another angle.
http://clarinet2concerto2.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2F899481BCC20E49!598.entry

just me said...

Thanks for your comment. I'm sorry it took me a while to respond. So busy with work these days. =(

Been to your site (thanks for the link back) and looked at your photos. Cool. =)