description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lomography



Recently a friend at work introduced me to a type of photography called lomography. I really liked the look of the photos shot by the Lomo LC-A. My friend let me handle his camera and I really liked the built of the camera, it's made of metal and very solidly built. It's also small and easy to carry around.



When I was in school, I took several photography classes and I was particularly fond of shooting with my plastic cameras and also really enjoyed cross-processing. Photographs shot on the Lomo LC-A although not exactly like the cross-processed photos I printed previously still have a rather distinctive look that is rather nice.



Although it is true that this look can be recreated in photo editing software like GIMP or Photoshop, still what shooting with Lomos, Holgas and other plastic cameras do is that they encourage adventurous shooting. When I shot with my plastic cameras in the past, I didn't care if I had enough light or if I was unable to look into the viewfinder, I would just shoot and more often than not, I would get shots that I really liked. It was really fun and exciting as I never knew what I would get. This is one of the reasons why shooting with traditional film is still attractive to me.



Anyway, I hope you enjoy these photos. This is from the first roll of film I shot on my recently purchased 2nd hand Lomo LC-A. And if I have time in the future, I'll also put up some of my plastic camera and cross processed prints for those who enjoy photography.



Links of interest:
Lomography Asia
Lomography.com

enjoy

2 comments:

YTSL said...

Just wanted to confirm that this visitor to your blog is enjoying your lomography. :)

(From someone who appreciates getting comments on her blogs and figure that you are the same way too! ;b)

just me said...

Hi ytsl,

I'm glad you're enjoying my lomo photographs. I was quite pleased with how the first roll turned out as well. It's a cool little camera and I hope it'll get me shooting more experimentally in the future. I've just finished one more roll and am working on my third. My friend recommended that I take the film to the shop he usually goes to to process his films and as it isn't near my home, I'll probably only drop it off at the end of this week or next so no more lomo pix for a bit. =(

And yes, I do enjoy getting comments on the blog. Thanks for taking the time to add yours. =)

cheers