description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Early Chinese New Year greetings =)


(Thank you Anne for the early CNY greets =) )

After the Guizhou trip, I realised that it would be a good idea to get a secondary digital camera. Something not as bulky and something so idiot proof that anyone can work it since many of the shots of me shot on my Canon EOS 300D were out-of-focus as not many people know how to work it. Also, I needed a camera that was a little unobtrusive and that I could pull out in any location and at any occasion without attracting any unwanted attention.

After seeking some advise from friends, doing some research and checking out some digital cameras at the shop, I settled on the Fujifilm Finepix V10.


(pix courtesy http://www.digitalcamera-hq.com/)

After buying the camera, I went with my mum to do one of my favourite things during the lead-up to Chinese New Year and that is shopping for CNY goodies. Once a year we go to two places to do our shopping and one of them is Chinatown and the other is the atrium at Ngee Ann City (often called Takashimaya or Taka by Singaporeans even though Takashimaya is only just the anchor tenant).

And so, one of the first things I shot with my new V10, aside for a shot of my mum, was the crowds at the atrium. It'll probably get busier as CNY draws nearer, I've seen it much worse than this and I'm grateful that it wasn't such a crush on Sunday. =) So, just to break up the monotony of my Guizhou photos and also to revel in the atmosphere of one of the most fun (especially if you're not married) Chinese festivals of the year, check these photos out.




Happy early Chinese New Year guys!! =)

May the coming Year of the Pig be a happy, peaceful and prosperous one for you all.

cheers

No comments: