description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Kalafina ~ far on the water - HK only live goods

Hello, it's been a while.  Super busy and tired but I really wanna try and squeeze this in before I go off to work.

So Kalafina just recently concluded the Hong Kong leg of their far on the water tour over the weekend.  Let me just take a short moment to shed a few tears that their tour did not include Singapore. :'( :'( :'(   I could not afford the time or the money to go since I already planned to be in Japan for the fotw special tour lives that end the tour so even though HK is nearer and cheaper than Japan and there are autograph opportunities....  sigh.... no go for me. :(

STILL.... some friends of mine went. :)  And they helped me to get the HK only live good which is this Thermo mug.  So I decided to take a couple photos and share it with anyone else who's interested. :)


Not the best photos but I was in a real hurry this morning, so these will have to do.  Oh... I also asked my friend to buy me a wristband but that's not a HK only good.  I'll do that in another post tonight, along with the Yuki Kajiura vol.12 pamphlet someone else asked me about. :)

For now, here are the rest of the photos of the mug. :)

    

There is a reason they called this a Thermo mug, it's not terribly big and will only hold about a small mug's worth of water.  I used the Kalafina mineral water from the fotw lives for size comparison and you can tell it's not big.  They kept to the color scheme for the fotw goods and used the same shade of blue as they did for the wristband.

It's pretty simple as you can tell, it's just a thermo mug with a cover. I shot a photo of the velvet type bottom but you can't really tell from that badly shot photo.  Sorry.

I tested the mug with hot water.  And it holds the heat pretty well for about at least 1hr 15mins before I opened it to check.  This mug would be good for coffee or tea in an air-con office where your hot drink can quickly lose it's heat.  I have been looking for a mug like that to use at the office but to be honest, I'm not sure if I wanna use this mug.  I kind of regret not getting two now.  One to keep and one to use.  But at HKD180 per mug, it works out to be about SGD33 using the XE Currency calculator which means, it'll be closer to SGD34-35.  So it's not exactly a cheap mug and since I am saving money for November and December which are traditionally expensive months for me because of my mum's, niece's, sister's birthdays and Christmas, and I'm also saving for the Jan and Mar 2016 trips, I decided one mug was plenty. :)

I'm glad I have the mug.  THANKS friends!! :)

I'm thinking that the Taiwan lives will also have a Taiwan only good now that the HK lives had one too.  It may be the same mug but with Taiwan printed on it.  If they do produce the mug again for Taiwan, I might try and see if I could get someone to pick up one for me too.  Then I'll have two mugs and I'll probably use one of them then.  So I'll wait till Jan to find out and and if they do have a a mug for Taiwan and I manage to buy one, I won't have to hunt around for a mug to keep my coffee warm in the office any more. :)

Okay... Need to dash to work.  I'll write more tonight.  I plan on coming home on time.  I have a lot of things to take care of.  So I really don't want to do any OT tonight if possible. :)

cheers

No comments: