description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, February 04, 2012

Kalafina - new single in April :) AWESOME!!! :)

Woohoo... Kalafina will release a new single in April.  Itsuko attended today's Live in Shibuya and said that Kalafina announced that they will be releasing a new single in April.  They also performed that song at the Live tonight.  Lucky Itsuko, she got to hear it. :)

It's also been confirmed on their blog by a Kalafina staff member that this song, called "to the beginning", will be used as the theme song for the 2nd season of the Fate/Zero anime.

 The single will be released on 18 April while the  2nd season of the anime will begin airing on 2nd April. 
For this singles release there 4 different types of packaging, if I understand it correctly, the four versions will be:

Limited Edition, First Press Edition (with video clips DVD)
Limited Edition, First Press Edition (with video clips Blu-ray)
Music Anime Limited edition (with different? video clips DVD)
Regular Edition

In addition, the usual postcard freebies will also be given out and the version one gets will depend on where the purchase was made.  There will also be additional postcards from the Fate/Zero anime available in limited quantities. 

Also, for those who make their purchases from certain EC sites (I think it's online stores), there is also a limited number of card size Kalafina and Fate/Zero calendars to be given out.  I think there are two different types for Kalafina and one for Fate/Zero.

Looks like Sony is making a pretty big push this time round.  I'm really hoping that video clips from AFA11 and from the just concluded tour will be included and not just the PV of the song.  It would be a huge waste of a blu-ray to just have the PV.

Also, as is their usual practice, there will be a special Kalafina Live titled "to the beginning" to celebrate the release of this single.  The Live will be at the NHK Hall on th 16th July.  :)  Yay... but I don't think I can go. :(

Oh joy joy joy. :)  I am completely looking forward to this release.  I'm most likely going to order the Limited First Press Edition with the Blu-ray and probably the Music Anime Limited Edition as well.
Since the single will be release in April, I think it's likely that they'll be singing this song and promoting Fate/Zero when they visit the Anime convention in Bonn in July.  Their visit to AniMagic was announced on their blog yesterday.  I'm not surprised, it seemed likely that they will visit Europe this year since they mentioned that their next target was Europe in the Animyu magazine interview.  I'm hoping that they will still have space in their schedule for a visit to Singapore this year though. :)  Germany is just too far and too expensive for me but I am happy for fans in Europe too... even while I feel envious. :)  I'm also hoping that they will throw another concert in Nov or Dec this year because I'm likely to make another trip to Japan then.  Sachiko may be returning to Japan for a long vacation and it's been 5 years since we last met and I would really like to meet her again... so am hoping to plan that trip and include a Kalafina concert too. :)

Too bad I won't be in Japan in April... I won't have any opportunity to participate in any of the special events related to the release of this single. :(  But ah well... I will have attended the FictionJunction concert by then... I shouldn't be greedy. :)

K.... I gotta go for now... I have been very busy at work and have neglected to do several personal things because I've just been crashing out immediately after dinner.

Maybe if I have time tomorrow night, I'll write up a little bit about a Tan Dun concert I attended last Saturday.

Good night. :)

No comments: