description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, February 24, 2012

Kalafina After Eden Tour - Goods & stuff

An awesome surprise was waiting for me when I got home today.  When Itsuko told me that she was going to go to Kalafina's After Eden Tour Live in Shibuya, I asked if she would pick up some Live goods for me.  I asked if she would buy me the pamphlet, the poster and the T-shirt.  So I shouldn't have been surprised at the contents of today's package except that it contained more than that. :)

I knew that Itsuko wasn't going to send the poster because she's afraid that it may get crushed but she did say she would send me the Tour pamphlet and the T-shirt.  What she added was two One Piece phone straps (cool... I am a fan :) ), yet another streamer (cool too... this time gold, instead of silver)... BUT  more importantly... *drum roll* ... she also sent me the Kalafina Making Booklet ~ After Eden" Special" LIVE 2011 ~ booklet and it's way cool!!!!  :)  This booklet is only available for sale for FJ Club members and I didn't even know that it existed since I haven't been following the news that carefully.  This was an awesome surprise and I'm glad Itsuko got it for me even though I had not asked her to. :)

Anywayz, here you go... a short write-up of some of the items.  Enjoy... :)

Kalafina Making Booklet ~ After Eden" Special" LIVE 2011 ~

This is a full colour 17 page booklet printed on nice quality paper.  It is also a photos only booklet except for titles, headings, a short handwritten message from each of the vocalists and credits.  This retailed at the After Eden Tour Lives  for a 1000 yen and is only available to FictionJunction Club members who must produce their club membership in order to purchase them.

I shot a few photos of the booklet.  The pages mostly consist of the trio and the band members in rehearsals and one page right at the end of the trio right before the Live began on the 25th Nov 2011.  Each of the girls also gets a two page spread of photos which concentrate on them only.  The first photo below, after the photo of the cover, is the Keiko centric spread. :)



Kalafina After Eden Tour 2012  T-shirt

Here are the photos of the t-shirt.  The first photo is of the front of the shirt, the second is the back of the shirt and the last photo is a CU of the design on the front of the shirt.  This shirt is nice, it's thicker then all the previous Kalafina concert t-shirts I own and I really like that. (edit: 13th March 2012 - the shirt is now available on CDJapan, here is the link)




Kalafina After Eden Tour pamphlet

Although they called this the pamphlet (パンフレット), there is certainly nothing pamphlet-like about this item at all.  This is pretty much a photo book and a very nice one too.  This seems like the standard hardcover book binding.  The cover of the of the book has a very, very slight embossed texture which you can barely feel but the texture looks more pronounce because of the choice of the printed pattern on the cover.

The quality of the paper inside is really very, very nice.  Most of the photos are printed on heavier paper than most nice quality photo books.  The binding of this photo book combined with the thickness of the paper made it hard to open the book and lay it flat which means that in order for me not to ruin the binding, I had to shoot the photos of the insides of the book with the book not fully opened.

The book consist of 40 pages, if I counted them correctly.  The pages are not numbered.  Most of it consists of photos from two or maybe three photos shoots which may or may not have been done in the same day.  Two of them are at outdoor locations with the third quite possibly in the studio.  All these photos have been treated to try and give it a more vintage look and all have been heavily tinted with either a greenish / bluish or sepia tone.

There are also 6 photo pages in the book which are not part of the stylized shoot that was done for this photo book.  They consist of photos from what I think is the After Eden Special Live on the 25th Nov 2011.  There is also a short foreword by Kajiura Yuki and a page of text each for each of the girls, a page of credits and one more page of text, accompanied by photos, of the musicians that played at the Lives.
Overall, it's a pretty nice photo book that should please most fans of Kalafina, although some may find the 3500yen price tag a little on the high side. (edit: 13th March - the pamphlet is now available on sale at CDJapan, here is the link)



Also, for those who want to try and purchase the t-shirts, the pamphlet and Kalafina Paper etc.  The FictionJunction Club website has announced that they will be available on HMV Japan online.  HMV Japan does ship worldwide.  I have never used them but here is the link if you are hoping to make a purchase.  Click me. (btw... the goods are all sold out at HMV Japan, you can try CD Japan, they may still have stuff)

Also, don't forget that the Blu-ray and DVD of the After Eden Special Live will be released in March and their new single "to the beginning", the opening theme for Season 2 of the Fate/Zero anime will be released in April.

For your convenience, here are the CD Japan  links again.  If you wish, you are welcomed to use them.  If you can afford it and you're a fan, please purchase their products in support of them and Kajiura Yuki.

"to the beginning" - direct links to the product pages:
Limited Edition, First Press Edition (with video clips DVD)
Limited Edition, First Press Edition (with video clips Blu-ray)
Music Anime Limited edition (with different? video clips DVD)
Regular Edition

After Eden Special Live - direct links to the product pages:
blu-ray
dvd

Alrighty... that's it from me for now... off to bed. :)  Good night. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh god I never knew that After Eden Making Booklet existed until today. I have a gap in my previously-thought-to-be-perfect collection that I never knew of. The fact I've never stumbled across it is worrying.

just me said...

Oh no!!! I think the After Eden Making Booklet is now out of print and is sold out on their webstore. :(

I hope you manage to find it at a reasonable price to complete your collection.