description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Kalafina's "to the beginning" 2:25min Sample


(take a listen while you can... the sample's not mine and maybe taken down anytime)

It's 4am and I can't quite sleep now.  I woke up a little while ago after crashing out on the couch.  To try and while away some of the time I went surfing and I found this!!! A sample recorded from the Kalafina Club radio program. So now, I don't have to try and jump through hoops to catch it on Tuesday night. I've been trying to do it for two weeks but have been stuck at work till 1030pm to 11pm a lot lately... :(

Anyway... happily enough... here we have it, a really decent size sample of the song. :) The full version won't be out for sometime yet.

On first listen... I can't say it's instant love for me. It's kind of not Kalafina-ish. Seems like Kalafina is moving from the dark side to the light? It seems faster paced and brighter... maybe a bit more j-pop-ish then their previous songs which perhaps makes it some what unusual for Kalafina to be singing it, although it is not entirely inconceivable for Kajiura Yuki to have written a song like that.

While perhaps not ground breaking or experimental in anyway for a Kajiura Yuki song, it's still a pretty nice song and quite radio friendly. So while it may not be instant love like "magnolia" was for me, this song is still a very listenable Kajiura Yuki composition because of the layering and the harmony which is usually the signature portion of most Kajiura songs written for and performed by Kalafina and FictionJunction.  And since this is a big part of why I like Kajiura's music, I will probably always be partial to Kajiura's songs which have a nice amount of layering and harmony.

I like what I've heard of it so far. It probably will not end up as one of my favourites but it's still a likeable song. It's not hard to digest at all, unlike some of the songs on the "After Eden" album. I'm really looking forward to listening to the whole song when it's released in April.

Alrighty... time for me to try and go back to sleep again even if it means tossing and turning on the bed for a bit... it's been really crazy at work and I'm really tired... and I intent to go to work later today so I will need more serious shut eye asap.... good night y'all. :)

No comments: