description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, December 09, 2011

Japan Trip - Kalafina After Eden Spec. Live - afterthoughts 1

I've been putting of posting this post for a while because of work and my continued slow recovery from my strange eye irritation problem.  Unfortunately, in spite of my best efforts, I've still been unable to make a full recovery from this strange problem and tonight it's beginning to really annoy me again unfortunately, I'll have to make this post as quick as possible and may have to cut it short too. :( We'll see...

The Live on the 25th Nov was great... I really can't stress enough how much the four of us enjoyed it.  Last year, I attended the Live with Danielle who ended up enjoying it so much, she asked if we could come back again this year and so we did. :)  However, this year, Jessie also requested to come along.  And as usual, like last year when Danielle had no clue who Kalafina was, I worried about if Jessie would enjoy the concert of a vocal unit she knew virtually nothing about.  I was very happy that by the end of the Live, Jessie enjoyed it so much that if she had another opportunity to return for another Kalafina live, she would gladly do so again. :)

I'm convinced that there will be a dvd / blu-ray release. :)  This was a multi-camera shoot.  I don't know how many cameras there were.  I spotted at least two, one stationary and one moving on a rig but it's very possible there was at least one more camera on one of the higher balconies.  Anyway, I wasn't really paying attention to the cameras since really, if they were more interesting than the main act, then we have a really big problem. :)  Kalafina was easily more interesting than the cameras, so no problems there. :)  Also, the lighting design was more complex than I remember it to be at their previous lives, at least more so than I remembered it to be at the Lemon CC Hall last year and the Red Moon one on blu-ray and other bits and pieces from various sources.  The stage was also nicer and there was a lot more choreography than before.  And their costume changes were also nicer.  At an early part of the Live, they ripped off their long skirts to reveal shorter skirts and for the encore, they didn't appear in their concert t-shirts but re-appeared in another long dress. Seems to me like they were going all out to make this possible release a nice one.  I would of course definitely get it if it was released. :)

Okay... I think I'll have to cut it off for now... the eye irritation is making writing hard and I have to spend the whole day on the computer later today at work... I'm giving up for now.  But I will post up all the photos I shot of the Kalafina Paper which I picked up at the Live.  It has some nice photos and a good amount of text, all printed on nice enough paper.  It's called a paper I think because the sheets are all loose and are not held together by staples or any kind of binding... kind of newspaper style.

Here you go... enjoy. :)



p.s. once again not proof reading for now... need sleep.  Will fix any glaring errors another day. :)  Night :)

6 comments:

Madoka said...

oh! is so pretty ^_^ the kalafina paper, I hope they bring out a DVD of after eden, and I hope you recover of the irritation the eye

just me said...

Hi Madoka,

Thanks for dropping by again... glad you like the Kalafina Paper photos.

Thanks too for the well wishes regarding my eye irritation too. :)

Have a good weekend.
cheers :)

Anonymous said...

Wow thanks for the photos of Kalafina Paper!! :D

Can I ask for a scan of it? I forgot to ask my friend to buy it for me =_=;;

kokuo said...

omg, I love their dresses! I want one!! And i'm looking for an After eden DVD too^^

just me said...

@kuroiyuki88,

Hi... glad you like the photos of Kalafina Paper. They look good in the photo spread for the paper, don't they? :)

Regarding the scan... I'll see what I can do about it. Unfortunately, I have a current health issue and a busy schedule till just after Christmas... also the paper is actually wider than my scanner... if you can wait a bit, I'll try and see what I can do about it.

BTW... what is it about the paper that you are most interested in... I can make easily scan the text portions, for example, cropped in and at a higher dpi so you can read it if you're interested... altho' I probably can still only make the scans after Christmas.

Thanks for dropping by the blog and leaving a comment. :)

cheers

just me said...

@kokuo

Hi, thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. :) Yeah... I am hoping we get a dvd / blu-ray release too. :)

cheers