description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, December 10, 2006

My Guizhou Trip

I've just returned from an 8 Day trip to Guizhou, China. It's my first real tour of China. Previously, I did visit Shanghai & Suzhou but as I wasn't there to really see the place and I don't think I really saw enough of both Shanghai or Suzhou to make a proper judgement, I don't really consider that trip as my first real visit to China.

This 8 Day trip was with a tour company unlike my previous visit and it was to a not as yet terribly popular tourist destination in China. There were two tour packages on offer and my sis-in-law and her friend picked the scenic one. I was quite happy with that decision and was quite happy to tag along as I usually prefer scenics to the culture stuff.

I won't say too much now as I really only just flew into S'pore at 5am this morning and am smashed and in some dire need of sleep. Suffice to say that I really did enjoy this tour and is probably my most memorable packaged tour to date. Well, it's not like I've been on soooo many packaged tours since I toured parts of the US and HK by myself and all the other package tours happened so long ago I can't say I really remember them that much. Still, I don't think it can take away too much from my experience of Guizhou. I really like Guizhou right now and am really interested in the region and the other parts of Guizhou that I didn't visit.

Anyway, I'm in the midst of sorting out the photos and when I get a chance I'll post up some pix of the spectacular Huangguoshu Waterfalls and the other really pretty bits of Guizhou when I get a chance.

cheers

No comments: