description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Guizhou - entry 5

Explanation of the falls...


On the way to the falls...



Behind the falls...



On the other side of the falls...





At the bottom of the falls, the photo on the right is a little soft unfortunately...


Am still fighting this very stubborn flu virus that has been plaguing me even before I left for my Guizhou trip. Grrrr.... =(

Anyway, have been slowly working my way through the photos and thought I'll add a bunch of them today. These are photos taken from after we had arrived at the Huang Guo Shu Waterfalls park.

There was a Bonsai and rock garden before you reach the steps that takes you down to the falls. I have a couple of shots from that location but they all include people in them and so I won't be posting those up.

You'll see photos that were taken as we approached the falls and then as we walk to the back of the falls and then out from the other side and back across the suspension bridge to get a more frontal view of the falls again. I was actually at the base of the falls from the other side too, after we had crossed the suspension bridge, but the two shots taken there aren't really that good. We were late and had to go make our climb back up so I didn't have time sadly and only managed two shots, of which one of them is actually soft. =(

The Bonsai and rock garden was nice enough but as I don't really appreciate Bonsai I didn't really want to spend too much time there was I was far more eager to get to the falls. I'll let the photos do the talking since really there isn't that much to say except that the falls were really cool and it was super neat to be able to walk to the back of the falls. The walk to the back of the falls was kind of slippery and there were no proper railings or handholds and since I wasn't wearing very good shoes, something I would come to really regret later in the trip, it was a little nerve wrecking at points. That said, I rather liked it that there were no proper handholds etc as this made it feel more real than if it had all these railings and handholds as that would feel like some overly safe US park or something. =)

Anyway, check out these pictures. =)

cheers

No comments: