description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Guizhou - entry 8

Lots of photos today. I'm going to place several photos taken by my friend LC. Many thanks LC. I think they are nice and include a better overview of the Huangguoshu Waterfall as several of them were shot wider and at a several locations I didn't shoot from.

Let me also say at this point something I meant to say from the start but kept forgetting to. I'm actually not particularly pleased by my overall shooting on this trip. I've not been shooting anything but mostly family snapshots for about 6 years since I graduated, I think, and my unfamiliarity with this new DSLR camera really frustrated me a lot. Both are of course my fault as I really should just shoot more and I really should have read the manual and played with tthe camera more. Those two reasons and my flu bug really put me out of the mood to shot several times over the course of my stay in Guizhou and I really think it shows in the overall quality of the shots.

That said, take a look at these shots taken by LC. Rather nice IMO.

After that I will include several pictures of the Tianxingqiao Stone Forest Scenic Area and if I'm done early enough after uploading the pictures, I'll talk a bit about this rather nice site to visit.

LC's Photos

Views of the falls from the restaurant


Fruit sellers at the entrance to the park


Approaching the falls



On the other side of the Shui Lian Dong, down river from the Huangguoshu Waterfall

If you look on the right side of the middle photo, you can see some people on the pathway. This will give you an idea of how big the falls are.

Right, my internet connection isn't really very happy tonight and it's taken me quite a while to upload the photos of the falls. So I don't think I'll be saying too much about the Tianxingqiao area tonight. I figure I'll just upload a few shots to give you a preview of the site and by the time that's done, the Arsenal-Watford match would probably be done and it'll be time for a tired me to go to bed. =)

Now here are some of my photos. =)

Tianxingqiao Stone Forest Scenic Area


Shilin - Stone Forest


River


Very cool waterfall


Right that's it for tonight. Hmmmm.... Arsenal isn't playing too well today and Everton only managed a draw with Middlesborough. =( Sigh, hopefully Arsenal will score in the last 15 mins or so.

cheers

No comments: