description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, December 01, 2006

Maya Final Project

Hi all. Here is my final project. I'm going to include the two drafts before the final version of this project so you can get an idea of the journey this project took.

As usual I wish the final product could be better and I can see some problems with it as is. I actually think I might go back an tweak this after I take a short break from Maya and get a little bit of sleep.

Some of the animation is a little rough and the lighting is still not great. I should have modeled the main character a little differently and I know I messed up when I didn't model her default mouth position at close. I also didn't include a close mouth blend shape even after I modeled everything else and blendshaped the rest of the stuff. So I actually can't get the mouth all the way close with this project as of right now.

Considering how far I've come in the last couple of months, from knowing nothing about 3D and having to work and study at the same time, I'm actually not terribly displeased with my effort. But there is a small part of me which is a little bit of a perfectionist and that's the part that's really giving me a hard time about being completely pleased with my effort. Hahaha...

Well, I'll keep working at it and I'll keep on studying it and try and update this blog with a bits and pieces of my work in the next couple of months. I really enjoyed learning Maya and I'm really happy I decided to take this course.

Okay, enough from me. Here is Draft 1, Draft 2 and the Final versions of my project, all for your viewing pleasure.

cheers

Final


Draft 2


No comments: