description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Kalafina ~ far on the water - Limited Edition Blu-ray - unboxing



To be honest, today was a terrible day at the office. It wasn't just a bad day for me, it was a bad day for pretty much everyone.  The only thing that made today better was the arrival of Kalafina's far on the water album which was good thing.  I needed something that would make the day a lot better than it started. Getting anything Kalafina usually brightens my day. :) The fact that I liked all the new songs and particularly enjoyed several of them also made the day feel better. :)

This is going to be a picture heavy post for sure.  I'm not sure how much I'll write right now. When the album was "in shipping process", I thought I might write a more than I've been doing in recent album unboxings, maybe talk about the music a little.  But I'm completely exhausted by the turmoil at work today. So I think I won't write a lot.

I shot these on my desk with my cell phone instead of using the small little studio I set up.  So it means I had to shoot a lot of these at an angle to avoid massive reflection from the light.  Still, some of it won't be able to escape reflections. :(

Anyway.... photos, photos, photos. :)

     

As usual, photos of the album with the plastic wrap on and off. The Limited Edition comes with a photo-book.  The jewel case that holds the CD, BD and insert booklet is encased in a slipcase along with the photo-book.

   

What REALLY surprised me was that the solo photo in the insert booklet is of Wakana.  I'm not so sure of the albums because I usually only buy one of them.  Looking back at the previous unboxings of the albums, I realised that they never used to release solo photos on the back of the insert booklets.  I'm not sure if this is going to be a new practice from now on but I guess we'll find out soon enough when the Regular Edition reaches me too. I ordered that version from HMV.

In the singles, Wakana's solo photo is usually in the LE+DVD edition.  Usually, Hikaru is in the LE+DVD and Keiko is in the RE editions.  So if there was going to be a solo photo at the back of the insert booklet in this edition of this release, I think I was expecting Hikaru's.  Now I'm not sure who's solo photo will appear in the LE+DVD and the RE editions now.

Anyway, here are the photos of the insert booklet.

        

I think I may have accidentally shot one or two of the photos out of order but I'm too tired to try and figure it out right now.  Sorry about that. :P

The photos of the credit page is not terribly well shot too.  Sorry about that too.  You can, however, read the credits pretty easily so that should be fine.  Pay a little attention to who is credited in the Chorus in some of the songs. :)  Yup, we have Kajiura Yuki, Remi and Yuriko Kaida too. :)

As usual, Kajiura Yuki utilises more instruments than the average J-pop music composer in Japan. We have guitar, bass, drums, percussion, cello, viola, violins, piano, flute and strings and they all mix together nicely to make some very good music.

The Limited Edition comes with a deluxe photo book which is pretty much just photos of the trio.  It's full page color and contains quite a few nice photos.  I won't upload all, just a sample of them for you to look at. :)

        

These aren't particularly well shot but it's the best I can do since I don't like to flatten my booklets as far as possible because I don't want to ruin the binding.

Nice photos, yeah? :)

Okay... this took longer than I realised.  Really tired.... going to go to sleep right after this.  But before that, let me just quickly say that I REALLY like this album.  I like all the new songs and some of them I like a lot.  :) :) :)

Also, my usually line at the end of a post.  Please do buy this release if you can afford it.

far on the water (RE)
far on the water (LE + BD)
far on the water (LE + DVD)
far on the water (analog vinyl)

The vinyl won't ship till the end of the month.  When that comes, I'll do an unboxing too. :)  For now.... good night. :)

No comments: