description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, December 08, 2012

CDJapan ~ Japanese ebooks for sale ~ YAY!!!

Rejoice!!!!  Finally, there is an easy way to purchase Japanese ebooks. :)  CDJapan has just launched their new ebook store and ebooks purchased from them can be read using an application which works on iphones, android phones, tablets and your desktop computer.

Go to CDJapan's ebook store to download the app.  Click me.  If you have a CDJapan account you can use that account.  If not, you'll have to sign up for one.

I tried the app on an Android phone, the Samsung Galaxy S2 and it worked perfectly.  On installing the app, it come with 2 free ebooks and a sample manga.  It's very intuitive to use and is pretty much a basic ebook reader app.  You can access the CDJapan store from this app where you'll be able to make purchases from the store through the app or download sample pages to read before making your purchasing decisions.

I downloaded the Mahou Shoujo Madoka vol.1 manga sample pages just to test it out.  I already own the physical version of the book so am hesitant to buy the ebook version.  But if I had the choice then I would have bought the ebook version to save space in my room and to save on shipping.



The most annoynig thing about it right now is that it doesn't yet run on Jellybean on the Android so I can't check this out on the Nexus 7. :(

I might try and make a purchase soon just to see how it works... but for now... I'll leave those who are interested to test out the service... I need to sleep soon. :)

No comments: