description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Monday, March 19, 2007

Lomography 3


Bus Stop in Yishun from SMRT 812

It's been a while since I've written any entries on the blog. It certainly isn't for the want of trying, I've simply been too busy and am currently still feeling quite exhausted and will unfortunately have to keep this simple.

Here are more lomo photos for those who enjoy them. Sadly, I probably lost 1 1/2 rolls of shots due to a battery problem in my Lomo camera and for those who shoot on these cameras, you'll know that you'll not get much, if anything at all, without functioning batteries since the batteries also power the shutter. I'm still feeling really bummed about it as I had specifically walked the long way home on a particularly pretty Sunday afternoon and had encountered a flock of birds flying in a big field and now those shots are lost. I had also gone back to the Changi Broadwalk and shot photos of the landscape and setting sun and those are gone too I think. I haven't processed that roll yet but since I lost that 1/2 roll due to the battery problem, there isn't any reason to believe that the roll I shot after that would escape. Luckily I also shot with the Fuji v10, so I do have some shots of the sunset that day.

I've had a bit of a bad spell lately as I also lost several shots because the film wasn't sitting properly in the camera body and the take-up reel wasn't taking up the film properly. However, I did get one really funky and most certainly accidental mutiple exposure shot with that roll so all is not lost. =) I'll upload that shot too.

Anyway, not much one can do about that. That is just part of the experience of shooting with traditional film and manual cameras. =)

So without further ado, here are the photos. I hope you enjoy them.


Yishun


Crazy multiple exposure


Colours


Courts, Tampines

If time permits, I'll put up the sunset shots from Changi Broadwalk and a couple more photos taken over the last couple of days later today. Also, I have prepared more Guizhou photos and hope to upload those soon too. After that, I really, really want to write up a bit about Sembawang. =)

Alrighty, I'm off to bed now. =)

5 comments:

YTSL said...

Nice photos and congrats on the Everton win. And should you wonder: Yes, I think you deserved it -- or, rather, Arsenal didn't deserve to win the match. :S

just me said...

Hi YTSL,

Thanks. Glad you like them. Will probably put up the sunset shots next. And yeah, happy that Everton won as that puts us 6th on the table. We played well but we were helped too by the Gunners not playing well. We were also helped by the absence of quite a few key Arsenal players.

cheers

YTSL said...

Hi "just me" --

Yeah, we're seriously missing not having our first, second and third choice strikers -- and first choice left back as well. At the same time, I really can't understand how Baptista can have such a poor first touch, etc. -- after all, he's Brazilian and has played for his country! :(

A question re Everton and I hope this doesn't sound like sour grapes: How come they've looked good against Arsenal but haven't been higher up the table this season?? (And if you're wondering, I really like Johnson and Arteta -- d'uh! -- among your players but also Leon Osman plus Fernandes looked surprisingly tricky, etc. out there last night!)

just me said...

Hi YTSL,

Well, IMO Everton seem to perform better in matches against the big four this season. In matches where they are expected to win, they suddenly don't perform. It almost seems like they lose concentration.

Like most clubs, injuries to Cahill, Johnson, Arteta, Vaughan, Beattie and other key players have plagued Everton all season. Cahill and Johnson haven't both been on the pitch in the same match for a lot of this season and Vaughan has just returned after 14 months due to injury.

David Moyes is also a little bit conservative and tended to want to ensure Everton's continued survival or to consolidate some of the team's league position rather than go for broke and this has sometimes resulted in results not going our way.

There was a also a rather long spell during the season where AJ was perceived as a diver and legitimate penalty decisions which could have been match deciders didn't go our way . Moyes had to put together a video of ten penalty decisions that didn't go the Toffeemens' way and after they agree that 8 of those 10 decisions should have gone Everton's way, AJ was finally cleared as a diver and that made the team feel better about things I think.

But I think the biggest reason why Everton isn't higher up the table is simply consistency. They can play brilliantly but play quite terribly too all season. And many key players haven't performed that well. AJ, Cahill, Arteta, Osman etc are all guilty.

BTW, Manuel Fernandes is pretty new to Everton. He's here on a 6 month loan deal from Benfica. He looks pretty good, doesn't he?

BTW, did you see Paul Robinson's goal for Spurs? Wasn't that like jaw dropping? =)

just me said...

Add:

In the paragraph about Moyes putting together a video of penalty decisions that didn't go Everton's way. I forgot to mention that that video was shown to a group of premiership referees.