description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 28/05/2023

Thursday, November 08, 2018

#Kalafina ~ is this the end?


I just returned from Hong Kong and it reminded me that the last time I was in HK was in 2010.  I happened to see an MTR poster advertisement announcing Kalafina's impending live in HK and an idea took hold in my mind.  I could not return to HK so quickly because of school, it set me on a mad path to find a way to see them live and that was how I ended up in Tokyo in December and attended their Kagayaku Sora no Shijima ni wa live.

Eight years later, so much has changed.  I have had so much happening in my life in the 11-12 months that I hardly blogged at all, not even about the many changes that have happened to Kalafina and Kajiura Yuki.  The Kalafina that I love is no more.  Keiko is no longer with Space Craft Produce nor is she part of Kalafina anymore.  A little before Keiko left early this year, Kajiura Yuki also left Space Craft Produced and now, even Hikaru has left.

Recently Hikaru from Kalafina announced that her contract with Space Craft Produce ended on October 20th.  She is the second vocalist from Kalafina to leave the agency.  While the announce did not explicitly say that Hikaru was leaving Kalafina but leaving Space Craft pretty much means leaving Kalafina, in my opinion, because Space Craft Produce manages the vocal unit too.

Kalafina's official fan club Harmony also released a handwritten letter from Hikaru on Nov 2nd with an accompanying note from the staff that they will continue to release information regarding Wakana, the remaining member of Kalafina who will release a solo single next year.

Meanwhile, Hikaru has started her own Twitter account and she doesn't use Kalafina Hikaru in her profile description. She's been busy posting and several of her tweets are in both Japanese and English which will surely delight international fans. :)


This is Hikaru's first tweet. :)

I guess that Hikaru is preparing to go solo or something although she says that she hasn't decided anything yet in the tweet that is currently pinned up.  As for Keiko, still no news.:(

As for me, I am still a Kajiura Yuki fan but I'm probably no longer a Kalafina fan, at least I'm not a fan of the current Kalafina.  I've always liked them the most of all Kajiura's projects because I felt they expressed her music the best.  Now that Kalafina seems to only have a solo vocalist and doesn't even have their composer (Kajiura Yuki) any more, my interest in them has really waned.  At the very least, I will have to hear some music first before I decide anything else.  Currently, except for solo lives, both Wakana and Hikaru have yet to released anything, so I can't decide if I'm going to continue being an avid fan of them.

Kajiura Yuki has also set up her own fan club which I intend to join.  Been too busy and kept forgetting to do it. :(  I will try and do it tonight. :)

https://fictionjunctionstation.com/

Meanwhile, I wait with bated breathe for the release of the OST for Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - II. Lost Butterfly.



I'm guessing that there will be a BD+CD release like Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower.  I regret not being able to do an unboxing of that set then.  I will probably get the Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - II. Lost Butterfly set as well.  If I do, depending on how busy I am, I might do an unboxing of it.

Alrighty, that's it for now.  I'm probably work on another Sun Li (孙俪) drama review next, probably one of her older ones before I get to Nothing Gold Can Stay (那年花开月正圆).  :)

No comments: