description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, March 26, 2017

#Kalafina with Strings ~ Christmas Premium LIVE TOUR 2016 - goods unboxing - pound cake & fork set


As promised, here is the first of a series of unboxing posts I hope to make before the release of the Kalafina "into the world / メルヒェン" single on the 4th April.  Because when that arrives, I hope to unbox that as soon as possible.

Actually, the "Kalafina with Strings ~ Christmas Premium LIVE TOUR" took place last year in December.  So you're probably wondering why it took me so long to do this.  Well, it's because I wasn't able to go for that series of lives too.  So I asked a friend who was going if she would do me a HUGE favour and help me buy some goods.  I only just managed to meet up with her recently and only just got my hands on the goods. YAY!!!! :)

This was probably just as well because when the year turned I was simply too busy to blog much. So I might never have gotten around to doing these unboxing till now anyway.

source
At that time I really wanted this "Pound Cake and Fork set" BUT the thing was, since I knew that I would not see this person for sometime, She would have to eat this cake for me.  Also, I had no idea how big or bulky this purchase might be.  So after initially asking her to help me buy it, I told her to forget it.  I just didn't want to trouble her so much.

But she did something which was incredibly sweet. :)  When I met her, she handed this to me and told me it was a gift.  I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo touched!!!! What a really kind and awesome gesture!  Of course the cake was long gone. LOL. I would not have expected there to be cake in this box and even if there was, it was likely to be inedible anyway. LOL

Anyway... here we go.  The unboxing. :)



Here we have the box in its full glory once again. :)

  

Next, in order to give you a visual idea of the dimensions of the box, I used something that most of us would be very familiar with.  These are CD jewel cases.  So you can tell automatically, that the box isn't very big. As you can tell from the original announce above, they never mentioned the dimensions of the item in the announce. So until I received this box, I really had no idea how big it was.

  

I also shot a few close up of the etching on the wood. It's not too deep and you can see what I think is a chello, a Christmas tree, some pine trees, a church, some houses and a reindeer. All of them sitting on top a single feather.  It's pretty nice.

You can tell that the box isn't highly polished or glazed or varnished. Although, it may be bleached since the part where the wood has been etched is darker??  BUT I am not an expert on wood.  I really am not sure so don't quote me on this. :)




The box has no hinges. You can lift the lid off entirely. It was probably held shut by two stickers, one on each side.  When I received it, there was only one sticker left but the opposite side still retained a tiny bit of stickiness so I'm assuming that a similar sticker held the opposite side shut.

There seems to be an English word printed on the leaf design.  I think it reads "anniversary".  But since this isn't an anniversary live, I'm not sure why that word was chosen.



There is another sticker on the bottom of the box.  This is the sticker that tells you what ingredients were used.

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAIT!!!!!!!!

I just noticed it.  The company that made this item is called Anniversary (アニバーサリー).  Well, that explains the "Anniversary" on that sticker above.  That's the company's name.

So I had to stop writing for a while to try and hunt down this shop because I really wanted to know what the cake looked like. :P

And I found it. :D

source
I must say, the customized Kalafina etching on the box is soooooooo much nicer. :D

So, this should be the cake that was in the box because the label on my box says "焼チョコ" and the closest that I could find on the website was this one "焼きチョコ".  Well, its a good thing my friend and her friends ate it then because the website says that the expiry date on this cake is 10 days.  It would never have made it to me.  It sounds delicious though!! :) Pity. :P

 

Here's the inside of the box.  You can use it to keep small trinkets and Kalafina / FictionJunction keychains etc. :)

The keychain in there is from the Arena tour last year and the big round thing in there is the FC only Christmas ornament charm. I never unboxed both of these on this blog. But maybe I will shoot close ups in the future... we'll see.  The other two charms you should recognize because I have posted photos of them before. I got those from the 8th Anniversary Live which I attended last year.  Awesome lives, unforgettable!!! :)  If you bought goods from the goods table, you get to select one of those charms.  I went back the next day to pick up more goods for other people so I picked up a second charm. :)  Okay... enough of the contents, they don't really have too much to do with THIS unboxing. LOL

   

Finally, here are photos of the fork. :)
I shot photos of it in the packaging.  Then shot a photo of the backing card and the fork outside the packaging as well as closeups of the design at the top.

And finally, I shot one of it on top of a CD jewel case so that you can get a visual gauge of the length of the fork.

I REALLY Like this fork.  It's pretty!! :)

So... there you have it.  This unboxing is done. :)

To be honest, I had been wondering for sometime if anyone really cares about such detailed unboxings of these concert goods.  It wasn't till the other day when a fellow fan mentioned that she liked the unboxings because that meant that she didn't need to open her items to see what they look like.  That did make me happy and gave me some impetus to try and get to the rest of the unboxings.  I'm glad it's of some service to fellow fans. :)

Okay!! I have things I need to get done and some work I need to prep for tomorrow. :)

Am off for now!!  Hopefully I will get to another unboxing soon. :)

cheers :)

No comments: