description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Green Corridor

Usually, I don't post up these things on my blog but I really think this is a great idea for Singapore.

This is an idea from the Nature Society in Singapore to use the old dis-used railway track to create a "green corridor" through Singapore for biking and walking. And if this is linked up with the Pack Connectors, it could be very awesome. I'm totally for this idea cuz I really do like nature, biking and hiking.

So if you support this idea... show some support for it on Facebook or going to their events etc.


Support The Green Corridor
Once again... not a long entry from me... have stuff I need to do... and I would like to get some sleep too. :)

cheers

2 comments:

YTSL said...

Hi "just me" --

A Singaporean friend of mine who used to live in Hong Kong but returned to Singapore lamented that her home country doesn't have the hiking opportunities of Hong Kong. This Green Corridor sounds like something green that I'd want to go to Singapore to check out -- maybe with her... or you! :b

just me said...

Hello YTSL :)

Yeah, while there are hiking opportunities in Singapore, they certainly are not as plentiful or as spectacular as HK. I really want this Green Corridor to happen. I've seen several photos people have been putting up from the walks they have been taking along the tracks and they look awesome.

If this does happen, I'll be happy to walk it with you when you do come to Singapore again for a visit. :)

cheers
p.s. Please send your Singaporean friend the link to The Green Corridor website. I think it would be good to show support for it. :) Thanks. :)