description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Maya - wave principle & set driven key

Learnt about the wave principle and using the set driven key function for animation recently. Thought I'll put it up in the blog for your viewing pleasure.

In the first set of videos you'll see that the animation of one set of blocks look sort of wavy and more flexible. That's because of the use of offsets in the animation on each one of those blocks.

With Offset



Without Offset



This is from part of my "I got hit" assignment. We learnt about using set-driven keys to control many joints easily. This was for the hands & fingers. I actually made improvements to the model but that's in a different project file. These playblast videos are from the project file I used to practice how to use the set-driven key function. One of the good things about preparing the project so that I can playblast it for the blog was that I discovered several problems with the model and the rigging. Looks like I'll have to make further changes to my already improved model in my other file.

Anyways, here, take a look at two different animations using the set-driven key method.

Animation 1



Animation 2



enjoy

No comments: