description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Maya - Dragon complete - sorta






Well, I finally finished the dragon modelling and animation project. I know it could be better but I really had very little time to work on it due to work commitments etc. =(

Given that I only seriously put in a couple of hours effort on Sunday night and LOTS of effort on Tuesday night into Wednesday afternoon, I guess I should be glad it looks semi-decent although far from great.

Anyway, here it is. =)

1. textured dragon
2. non-textured dragon
3. LINK to animation if you wish to download instead of stream (you may have to press play a second time as the video doesn't seem to want to load fully on first play... at least it won't do it for me)

enjoy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, that wasn't bad at all, very cute, i laughed & laughed, in a good (i.e. appreciative) way :)

how did u do the terrain? & u gotta explain how u animated without rigging again, i still don't have a clear idea about that...

just me said...

Hahahaha... well, I'm glad you laughed in an appreciative way. =)

There is a problem with the animation though. The wings kind of flap in the wrong direction for no apparent reason at all. I didn't have time so I just had to go with it if not I'll have nothing to hand in.

I used added colour and a bump-map but I think it's too much noise or something. Basically, I was just messing around with the shading network and didn't really have time to tweak it properly.

Um animation without rigging... basically it is just segmentizing the parts and then parenting them properly. Then animate the segments or the parented partes appropriately. That's kinda how it works. I can draw it for you next time we meet if you like. =)