description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, November 27, 2015

Kajiura Yuki ~ Madoka Magica - new concept movie - BGM announce



There's also another piece of news that should excite Kajiura Yuki fans and MadoMagi fans too. :)

Japanese anime news sites are announcing that there will be a Madoka Magica concept movie that will screen at the "Shaft 40th Anniversary MADOGATARI Exhibition".  The same team of people that made the MadoMagi movies also made this concept movie. This includes Shinbo Akiyuki, Aoki Ume and Urobuchi Gen.

It seems that they are working towards a continuation of the series. :)  As far as I can tell, they didn't actually announce a new series / movie but they did write "新作に向けて打ち合わせを続けてきました". Okay, my Japanese isn't that strong but I THINK that means something along the lines of them continuing to work towards a new piece of work. :)  And the article also wrote "この映像は、『魔法少女まどか☆マギカ』新作のヒントとも呼べる要素がふんだんに盛り込まれた、新たな物語の扉を開く“コンセプトムービー”。" Which I THINK means something like the this concept film can be called a strong hint that there will be a new piece of work and that the concept movie opens the door to a new story.  I'm a MadoMagi fan so this makes me HAPPY because it looks very likely that they will announce a sequel to the franchise.

Kajiura Yuki does the music for the concept movie. YES!!!!!! Her music for the entire MadoMagi franchise is stellar. Loved it!!

sources: AnimateTV, Moca New, Anme Anime,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know where to comment since I can't find an option to message you, but are you going to the other Christmas Lives or the 8th Anniversary Live? I vaguely recall you mentioning you might be going to the latter, at least.

If so, would it be possible for you to pick up some goods for me, if they announce anything interesting? I'd pay you in advance of course. I just know that the Anniversary Live goods are obnoxiously hard to get hold of without actually going, and whilst the Christmas Live stuff so far has been simple enough, who knows how it'll turn out this time round.

If you're not cool with that, that's okay. I'll be keeping an eye out for anything anyway, it'd just be nice to be able to get stuff rather than having to hope someone sells it later on. Thanks :).

just me said...

Ah.... sorry... I just saw your message.... I've been taking a bit of a break from blogging because I kind of needed to get a ton of other things done and still get some rest in

Usually, I ask people to contact me via DM on Twitter or they can leave me a comment in one of the posts here. I usually do check relatively regularly for comments except for this month... I've not checked the blog much. :(

But contacting me via twitter DM might be hard if you don't have twitter. I'll give you the email address in the post after this which I'll delete once you've emailed me. Sorry... I know I sound a bit paranoid. :P But I wanna minimise spam etc. :)

I am going to the 8th Anniversary live in Jan. I couldn't make it to the Christmas Lives even tho' I desperately want to one day go to one of their acoustic or strings live. I can't make their Spring ones either. :(

Okie dokie.... email in post below this. :)

just me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.