description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, October 29, 2017

#梶浦由記 #KajiuraYuki ~ Fate/Zero Original Soundtrack - unboxing


This will actually be a very simple unboxing of this release.  I'll only be putting up the photos and won't be writing any lengthy commentary.  This is not because I don't like this release.  I like it very much.  I like the Fate/Zero OST a lot and felt that it really added to the whole atmosphere and feel of the anime series.  However, I need to try and catch up with my unboxing releases because the next one I need to do is the Princess Principal OST and I won't have too much time to do it.  That's because the Kubikiri Cycle: Aoiro Savant to Zaregotozukai Sound Collection and the Kalafina 9+one at Tokyo International Forum Hall A BD will arrive sometime next week, if all goes as planned.

Also, this release isn't exactly new.  Most of the tracks have been released as bonus CDs on DVD / BD boxsets when the anime series was released years ago and I've heard them many times before. This new release collects all the tracks from those releases and adds studio versions of the live performances of some of these tracks, hence why we have members of FictionJunction credited in this release.  They were not participants in the original OST tracks but did perform them at the lives.  This is commonly the case when Kajiura Yuki performs her OST songs live.  The live versions of these renditions have been released previously, so what they did this time was to record these live versions in a studio and release them as part of a sort of bonus of sorts for this collection.

So here you go, photos...

         

You get three CDs with this release and it comes in a double CD jewel case.  Nothing too fancy here but you do get a insert booklet that has a short comment from Kajiura Yuki and liner notes for some of the tracks.  That's always nice.  :)  I will not attempt to translate anything because my Japanese isn't that good yet and I have a ton of other things I need / want to do.

Those who pre-ordered this release from CDJapan will get a B2 size poster.  I'm not going to unroll it and shoot photos of it because it's hard to get it back into the poster tube without creasing it. The poster looks like the photo below.  It's no longer available at CDJapan unfortunately.


If you are a fan of Kajiura Yuki and if you like the Fate/Zero OST, then I think this is a release that you really need to consider buying.  Previously, most of these tracks were only available officially as bonus CDs which made them incredibly expensive for most of us to own.  Now that this has become a standalone release and is being released separately from the priced-down DVD/BD re-issue of the anime series, this has now become much more affordable.

So here is the Fate/Zero OST product page link.  CLICK ME.  There are also audio sample links available on the product page, so for those who aren't so familiar with the OST, you can check it out there too.

p.s. This post will be cross shared on another blog my friends and I are slowly working on.  The blog is relatively new and we're pretty busy people but we love writing and sharing our thoughts and love for Japanese entertainment and pop-culture.  Their interests are often quite different from mine so you might find something of interest to you on the blog that I would not normally write about. If you have time and interest, please check out Okonomikaki's at https://okonomikaki.blogspot.sg/  Thanks. :)

No comments: