description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, January 22, 2016

Kalafina x Tanimura Shinji ~ Alcira no Hoshi


I'm now waiting at Changi Airport for my flight later this morning and thought that I would catch up on a little blogging.  I managed to get a Priority Pass to some of the lounges at the airport and it's my first time in one.  It's pretty nice.  There's food and drinks and comfortable seats.  There are also tables and power points and free WiFi.  It makes blogging or doing some last minute work pretty easy.  Hence, I decided that since I decided to bring both my tablet and my Surface Pro 3, I might as well use them well. :)

I think it was maybe two days ago that Kalafina announced that they will be collaborating on a song with Tanimura Shinji.  The song is called Alcira no Hoshi (アルシラの星) and will be the theme song for the BS日テレ. This isn't the first time that Kalafina has collaborated with Tanimura Shinji.  They collaborated on an episode of the music program Music Fair previously and I thought that it was a pretty amazing collaboration then.

Of course Tanimura Shinji is an older singer which means his music isn't the most modern out there.  But I really think that Kalafina's chorus work really complement his songs quite well.  And this song, Alcira no Hoshi, is no exception.  I'm not sure how younger Kalafina fans or fans who's taste in music isn't that wide might feel about this song but I love it.  I think it's GOLD.  But of course, I have a pretty eclectic taste in music and am as happy being at a Nightwish headbanging live as I am at a Rie Fu pop-folk live or at a Tan Dun classical Chinese music concert.  Which is why I have a particular fondness for Kajiura Yuki's projects because they cross genres.

Universal Japan kindly uploaded a preview of the song on YouTube and made it available to everyone worldwide. YAY!!! No stupid IP restrictions so no need for fans to jump through hoops. :)

Have a listen.



This isn't a typical Kalafina song of course because this is actually Tanimura Shinji's song.  The harmony is lovely, isn't it?  And I must say, I totally love that line that Keiko sings.  But I can be terribly bias. :P

Well, I'm definitely getting the singles.  They come in two flavours, Regular and Limited Edition.  The Limited Edition comes with a DVD of their music video.

I'll pick mine up from CDJapan as usual.  Here are the links for those who are interested.:)

Alcira no Hoshi ~ Regular Edition
Alcira no Hoshi ~ Limited Edition

Okay, it's time for me to go pick up some lip balm and get going to my gate. :)

cheers

No comments: