description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Kalafina ~ 8th Anniversary Live ~ Day 2


 Ahhhhh.... I wish I had time to write this post last night when I was still so high from the live.  I still have very happy memories of it but if I wrote this post last night it would have been full of gush-a-minute. :P

However, I had to meet my good friend Itsuko for dinner and after that return to my hotel and shower, pack my bags, clear the room a little etc because I was going to go to Nagoya the next day with SY, my good friend and someone I travel to Japan often with.

There isn't that much to say, to be honest.  I wouldn't have given a blow by blow account even if I had written this post last night.  I would just have gushed a lot about how much I enjoyed that live. Last night my number was 468, the first night it was 668.  So none of these numbers were particularly awesome or anything but 468 is certainly a lot better than 668, so I am not complaining. :)

The first night though, I was stuck behind a taller guy who moved a lot and at one point, he somehow managed to position himself right in front of me and all I could see was his back.  Of course, I could still look at the two large screens on the left and right walls of the hall but I prefer to see there faces for real of course. Still the music was good and I had a blast which was the important part.

Last night, I was stuck behind an even taller guy and there was a taller girl nearer my right.  This time I was on the left side of the hall favoring Hikaru's usual side.  The first night, I was on the right, Wakana's usual side.  But thankfully both the tall guy and the tall girl didn't move much and danced and bobbed to the music pretty much on the spot, so I was able to make use of two cracks between the heads and got really good views of Keiko and Hikaru for most of the live.  I managed to get a really good view of Wakana too when she came over.  It was very awesome seeing their expressions so clearly.  They looked so happy and excited and so comfortable to be among a hall full of fans.  I really felt the love and I really hope they felt ours too. :)

The 23rd is their actual anniversary and is a day which must feel so special for them.  It showed so clearly on their faces and in the way they talked how happy and excited they were.  I was so happy that they were so happy too.

And the music that night..... INCREDIBLE.  Kalafina was really on fire, so were the Front Band Members and the manipulator, Ohira-san.  Of course it wasn't a perfect live but if there were some mistakes, they were all pretty minor to me.  Day 1 felt like a full dress rehearsal compared to how awesome Day 2 was.  Their harmony.....so amazing.  They pretty much nailed Magia, a song that I thought was a little shaky on Day 1.  Identify, my favourite song from the "far on the water" album was soooooooooo fun and everyone seemed to love it.  I danced and punched the air and swayed to the music the entire night.  Destination Unknown, Ongaku were rocking good.  I loved loved loved Hikari Furu, so beautiful and Alleluia was awesome.  And Samidare again!!!! We "lalalala" even louder on Day 2 then on Day 1, I think. :)  It was sooooooooo fun!!!  I loved all the songs that night, it was hard to pick my favourites for the questionnaire. These anniversary lives are soooooo fun.

I was soooooo happy and high after the live that I tweeted a series of gushing messages on twitter.  I just really really really wanted to tell everyone how much I enjoyed it.  THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH Kalafina and Kajiura Yuki san and FBM and Ohira-san.... it was really a night to remember for me and I am so glad that I decided to go for these lives. :)  Soooooo glad. :)

LOL....in the end, in the process of blogging about the live, I managed to gush even more. :P

I'm just wondering and hoping that the nice Obasan that I met outside Tsutaya O-East managed to get in.  She didn't know that she needed to have 3 items checked to get a stamp that would allow her to get into the hall.  Her son is the one who has the FJC membership but because he works overseas, his mother goes for the Kalafina lives.  Really sugoi!!! She's even been to the events and all.  Wow!!! I'm so impressed.  I hope she got in.

I'm in Nagoya now.... really kinda cold.  So I'm going to stop now and hopefully write about the visit to the snow monkey park tomorrow.  Now I kind of just want to snuggle into bed.

I'm sure there will be spelling and grammatical errors etc but I'm too lazy and cold to proof read today. :P

Finally, I'll just add a photo of the t-shirts from the live. I forgot to post them up in Day 1's post. I didn't do an unboxing, I forgot to about them and they aren't with me now so this will have to do. :D


Yup.... black, purple and white.  Not all for me, two of them in this photo are for friends. :)

Okay... that's all from me for today. I'll try and write about our Nagano trip tomorrow. :)

Good night. :)

No comments: