description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, April 03, 2014

Madoka Magika ~ something from Anime Japan

While I wait as patiently as possible for my Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: Rebellion BD LE set to reach me (yes, it has shipped :) )... I thought I'll write a Madoka Magica related post to try and stave off some of my impatience. :P

Last month, one of my friends made a trip to Tokyo and went to Anime Japan.  While I didn't ask him to help me buy anything specific at the exhibition, he decided to help me buy this clear poster because he felt that if he didn't help me buy it, I would regret it.  LOL... yes, he does think in funny ways but he's a good old friend whom I like because he's not a fake human being. :)

So here you go:



This is a clear mini-poster of an illustration for the Madoka Magica anime.  I'm not sure if this is exclusive to Anime Japan but my friend did purchase it for me from the exhibition.  He said that there were two versions and he liked this one more so this is the one he bought.  The other version just has Akemi Homura on her own but I don't know what it looks like.

This clear poster is very pretty actually and if you can get some light to shine through from the back, which is why I had it up agains my computer monitor, it looks very nice.  I also placed it smack up against my Kalafina 2014 calendar so that I can try and shoot a shot of it hanging and to give you an idea of it's dimensions.

I don't really know what I'm going to do with it yet.  But it's really nice and it wasn't horribly expensive.  I think he said it was something like 570 yen?!?

For now, it'll remain in its plastic sleeve and in my pile of cool posters waiting for the day when I have enough time to clean my room thoroughly again so that I can put up these posters. :)

He also picked up this leaflet for me. It's advertising a Madoka Magica exhibition event in May... I wish I could go!!!!  I went to the Madoka Magica exhibition in Mori Tower last year and really liked it... which reminds me... I really need to write up all that Japan trip stuff soon before I forget!!

Anyway... here is the photo of that leaflet... and then I will try and see if I can squeeze in one more post before dinner. :)



Here is the link to the event that they are advertising.  CLICK ME.  I really think that AFA should try and bring down some of these exhibitions to AFA... it would make AFA stand out from a ton of similar anime conventions round the world where it's mostly just stores trying to get you to buy stuff. :P

K... looks like I have to go for dinner now... that second post will have to wait. :)

No comments: