description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, January 08, 2012

Kalafina "After Eden" Special Live Blu-ray / DVD

 Woohoo... just like I thought, there will be a blu-ray / DVD release of the "After Eden" Special concert. :)  Sony has announced that the Kalafina "After Eden" Special Live Blu-ray /DVD will be released on the 21st of March 2012. Click me for the official Sony announce.

AWESOME!!!!!!  I'm so going to order the Blu-ray.  And for those who are interested... you can get them at CDJapan... click me for the blu-ray and click me for the dvd release.  First press release for both the Blu-ray and the DVD will be accompanied by a free mouse pad for those ordering from CDJapan.  I'm not sure if there will be any collectibles from other sites but I expect that there will possibly be free postcards from other online sites or at the brick and mortar shops in Japan.  Postcard give-aways have accompanied some of their previous releases.

Included in the release will be a video clip documenting the Kalafina "Week in Shibuya" event that took place last year when the "After Eden" album was released. I was hoping that they might include footage of the currently on-going "After Eden" tour in Japan right now but looks like no luck there. :(  Still... I am super happy that they are going to release the blu-ray / dvd of "After Eden" Special Live.  I'm especially happy also because I was there and owning this release would help cement the experience in my memory. :)

Also, I have not forgotten that I said I will be writing more about my Kalafina experience in Japan.  It won't concentrate so much on the concert as I really don't remember too many details but I really do want to write about the entire day and a little bit more of what I remember from the Live.  I want to preserve this experience, not just for myself, but also for my friends who accompanied me on this trip.  I have written a lot already and have prepared some scans and photos but I can't say when I'll finish it for sure since I've been awfully busy lately, hence, the lack of updates on the blog recently.

BTW, the above scan is a scan of a one of the several A4 size handouts that I received when I attended the "After Eden" Special Live in Japan.  Alrighty... I need to sign out for now... got many things I need to do.  Till next time... take care y'all. :)

update:
Oh... also, I just discovered this on youtube... someone kindly uploaded Kalafina's performance at Animax Music 2011 and as is usually the case for me, my favourite part of Magia when it's sung live is Keiko's bridge.  She seems to have nailed that down quite perfectly.  This performance of Magia is overall one of their better renditions of Magia and I rather like it.  Watch it till about the 5:15 mark for the "Fan Selection" where Kalafina sings Sora Iro Deizu in collaboration with Nakagawa Shoko.  I don't much care for the song... not quite my cup of tea but I never turn down more Kalafina. :)  enjoy...

No comments: