description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, October 07, 2011

Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Mahou Shoujo Madoka) Production Notes - Unboxing

I'm going to have to try and make this a quick and short, picture heavy post.  I'm actually on 2 days of medical leave.  I slept a lot in the afternoon which made it hard for me to sleep now but I know I'm likely to tire fast since it is kinda late now and that's a good thing... cuz it means I'll be able to sleep.

Anyway, I got this beautiful artbook a few days ago in the mail and took some photos then but did not have time to post them up.  Here goes:



I purchased this from CDJapan and as I had some points that I had been saving for a purchase such as this, I managed to knock of quite a lot for this purchase.

At this point in time, it seems that this item is now OOP, but I'm not sure if that means that there won't be a reprint.  If you want it... you'll just have to check periodically to see if they are currently offering it or sign up with their email notification service or drop them an email.  The product page is here:

[EDIT: 15th Oct 20011 -- seems like the Production Note is once again available for pre-order... although, I think this time it's without the bookmarks and the post card... btw... I did get the Kyubey bookmark... I just have not shot a photo of it yet.  Also... pre-order deadline is the 17th Oct.]
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Production Note / SHAFT

I'm really pleased with this purchase.  It is a beautifully designed artbook with all kinds of detailed drawings of the character designs, set designs, sketches etc.  The quality of the paper in the thicker main Production Note volume is of a nice quality.  The slimmer "image note" volume's paper quality isn't as nice but it does have a sketchbook kind of paper quality and I think the "image note" volume is supposed to be the sketchbook volume of this release.

I love how the books open up.  I don't think the binding will hold up to any rough usage but these kinds of books aren't meant for that kind of handling.

I forgot to shoot a photo of the back of the Charlotte bookmark and I'm not sure if I have a Kyubey bookmark... I forgot to look for it.  I've yet to flip through all the pages in the book as I have been busy at work and have not been feeling well recently... will probably do that tomorrow since I'm on medical leave.

I might update this with more pictures of the bookmarks... but may not... may get too lazy or busy. :p  But for now... I hope you enjoyed this unboxing of what I think is an item which is pretty good value for money.  If you like Mahou Shoujo Madoka and like artbooks etc... then this is a purchase you should seriously consider, if you can find it at a right price.

K... time for me to sleep. :)  Good night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where did you buy the production notes? Can you send me the direct link to the item? It's really hard to find now, since everyone wants them so badly.

just me said...

Hi Lena,

Sorry I missed your comment and didn't get back till now. I bought mine at CDJapan.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/aff/click.cgi/ZRcokempdVE/3712/A952810/detailview.html?KEY=NEOBK-1020458

But looks like it's OOP now. :( It has come back before. When I first got it... I think it went OOP at least twice on CDJapan and then they got more stock.

You might want to check back occasionally... good luck!!