description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Saturday, October 01, 2011

AFA11 - Kalafina in Singapore - Got my ticket :)

I used this pix just cuz
Keiko looks cool here. :D
I actually don't have that much to say but I really wanted to go YAY!!!  I've got a ticket to the "I Love Anisong" concert on the13th Nov.  The tickets went on sale this morning. :) It's not the closest tickets to the stage but still... I have the centre section, 6 rows from the front for the 3rd day... the day Kalafina is suppose to perform. :)

I'm really happy about it. :) I'm not sure if I'll have another opportunity to be this close to the stage when Kalafina sings in the future.  Who knows when or if they will come to Singapore again.  And  as I've never gone to any of the Anime related events in Singapore, I might as well make this AFA the first since 1) Kalafina will be there and 2) there will be related Mahou Shoujo Madoka events.  So if it's not too much of a fight with the crowd and I can fit it into my schedule, I would attend the Mahou Shoujo Madoka events and do some shopping etc.

Moreover... um... I didn't actually have to pay for the ticket... it was a gift from a friend who bought two VIP 3 Day packages. :D  So far I'll only be going to the Day 3 Anisong event, which is fine by me... I was only ever really interested in Day 3 anyway. since Kalafina is the only vocal group I'm really that interested in watching live at the AFA this year.  May'n is okay too so I'm happy too that she's on the same day as Kalafina is.  I wish Flow was too but they are on Day 2 so too bad for me.

That's all from me for now... I am off to rest a bit as I wait for the live stream of the first episode of Fate/Zero on Nico Nico. :)  Kajiura Yuki writes the music which is why I'm willing to wait up for it.  I liked Fate/Stay Night enough but the ending was weak... here's hoping Fate/Zero is loads better since it's by ufotable.  Too bad Kalafina isn't singing the OP or EP for this anime.  I've heard the EP and it's forgettable.  Not sure if the OP is better... I'll know later I suppose.

K... bye for now. :)

AMEND 1145pm:
Oh... AFA posted up a message from Kalafina in Facebook... not sure if you can access if you don't have an FB account but here is the link anyway. :)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150392120769493

1 comment:

just me said...

I finished watching the stream of Fate/Zero about 15 minutes ago. It was not too bad, a little confusing, but to be expected since they are introducing the characters.

But I'm not here to write a review of the series. :) I just wanted to say that I finally did hear the OP to the anime... played strangely enough at the end of ep1 and I can safely say that my money is safe. I really don't like the song at all, it's worse than Memoria, the EP.

Both songs really don't seem to fit in very well with the tone of this anime. And, I don't know much about LiSA, Angel Beats or Dead Girl Monsters... but I think I prefer Yui any time over LiSA right now when it comes to this kind of higher pitched, shriller style of singing.

A few weeks ago, I specially watched Dead Girl Monsters youtube videos before the release of the OP song by LiSA and I don't remember her voice / singing being so thin. Definitely not my thing at all. If I wanted this kind of posturing, this type of singing, this type of music, Yui's still the way to go.