description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 14th April 2024

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Busy with learning Blender3D


I'm a huge believer in 活到老学到老 and I often spend a substantial portion of my time trying to learn something.  Ages ago, as part of an Advance Diploma Course, I learnt basic 3D modelling in Maya in one of the modules.  I ended up picking a different career path that didn't require me to model anything but I have always retained an interest in 3D Modelling.

I came across Blender 3D quite some time back but never had the time to learn it.  Now that my new work schedule allows me time to tinker, I am finally making a serious stab at learning it.  It's enjoyable and I've learnt a lot from various tutorials.  My learning path is a little bit of everything though and I probably should get down to learning some things in-depth first or maybe start a personal project and pick up skills from there.

Unfortunately, my new interest means that I've had very little time to blog and my planned reviews of a few of Tong Yao's works will probably have to wait.  Some of them might also never transpire.  But I'm determined to really learn Blender properly this time so the reviews will have to wait.  There are also a few other things that I would like to learn.  For example, I've always wanted to try and composite in DaVinci's Fusion but every time I couldn't get it to do what I liked to do in Nuke, I give up.  I should really get around to learning it soon.

Yeah, so the blog is still active and I still intend to continue maintaining my Tong Yao and Sun Li pages because I like dissecting films and drama series and it's good practice.  Just that for now, it'll have to wait a bit.

No comments: