description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 23rd April 2024

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Unboxing ~ Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower [Limited Edition]


I actually received the #ufotable #fatestayhf box-set months and months ago but I didn't do an unboxing post then because there were just too many things happening in my life and there was so much OT at work it was virtually impossible to do anything outside of work.  At first I thought that I wouldn't do the unboxing since it's been too long but I have decided to do it for two reasons.  Firstly, the Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - II. Lost Butterfly will be screening soon so its seems appropriate.  Secondly, I keep getting distracted from my review of Sun Li's Happiness as Flowers (幸福像花儿一样) drama because Legend of Condor Heroes 2017 (射雕英雄传) is so much better than I expected that I can't concentrate on the review. Hahaha!!  So I decided to do something easier.  This will be one of those photo heavy unboxing posts and I won't be doing any reviews or commentaries on the anime film or on Kajiura Yuki's (梶浦由記) soundtrack this time.

This is a truly beautiful release.  Few do such beautiful packaging as Japanese companies.  I ordered this from CDJapan and as usual they packed it nicely.



I wished the company I got the Sun Li book from via Taobao had packed my book up with this kind of bubble wrap.  Sigh....

Any way, I will be doing the unboxing of this release, Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower (Movie) (English Subtitles) [Limited Edition. The pre-order tokuten for this release is a B6 size sticker from CDJapan.  But, unfortunately, this is no longer available.



The sticker came in a little plastic bag to keep it safe.



The above are photos of the box that holds the contents of this release.  As is common among Japanese releases, there is a sheet of paper that wraps around part of the box that gives you information of the contents of the release.  I took photos of the case with and without that sheet of paper.



The case is made from good quality hard cardboard stock and opens up nicely to reveal two books and the digipak CD tray.



One of the books is a paperback booklet with about 51 pages.  This book is called the "Animation Material" book and it contains tons of information and illustrations pertaining to the anime film.  There are character design sketches, small thumbnails of the background images. There are credit pages at the end.  It looks like it uses "perfect bound" binding and is nice and sturdy.  The text is all in Japanese though, so you'll need to be able to read Japanese if you wish to understand what is written in the book.

Haha!! Maybe you can tell that I'm using a new mobile phone to shoot these photos.  I'm not used to the screen and I keep shooting everything off center or I keep messing up the composition. :P



The other book is a beautiful hardcover 52 page book called the "Art Book".  The cover has shiny purple illustrations embossed into the front and back.  The back cover has an entire paragraph in English text.  It's a very pretty book. The inside of the book consist of pages and pages of full colored key visuals and character illustrations.  There is no text in the book except for the credit page at the end which lists who the artists are.



The Limited Edition comes with the Blu-ray of the anime film.  Luckily this release has English subtitles.  Quite often Japanese anime releases only have Japanese subtitles.  It also contains a DVD disc that has special material on it and an additional CD disc with Kajiura Yuki's soundtrack. The three panel digipak opens up to reveal one single illustration on the back.

This release comes in three versions.  The one I unboxed is:
Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower (Movie) (English Subtitles) [Limited Edition]

There are two other Regular Edition releases.  One is a DVD version and the other is a BD version.
Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower (Movie) (English Subtitles) [Regular Edition] DVD version

Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower (Movie) (English Subtitles) [Regular Edition]  Bluray version

The Regular Editions only come with one disc and I don't think the come with the two books too.

For those who wish to get it from CDJapan like I usually do, please feel free to use the above links or any other links you wish.

This is a very nice release and fans of the series should be very happy to own this.  Now, I'm looking forward to the release of the next film in the trilogy and the next box-set release too. :)

No comments: