description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 12th Jun 2024 / Sun Li Film & TV guide 13th May 2024

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

CDrama: With Love With You 有你的时光里 - Wrap SP (Eng subtitled)

#有你的时光里 #WithLoveWithYou #TongYao #童瑶 #ZhouYiran #周依然 #LiZefeng #李泽锋 #ZhangZixian #张子贤

"Always make choices that are true to yourself, no matter when."

I had intended to write about this as soon as they announced the wrap-up of the series on May 7th, but I was deeply immersed in Tender Light and busy writing a review as the series neared the end of its release, so I didn’t have the time. Now that I’ve found a moment, I’ve translated and subtitled the Wrap-Up Special into English which you can watch below.



I’ve previously written about this series, which you can read here. To avoid repetition, I won’t reiterate what I’ve already written.   The new video provides further insight into the series, suggesting it will be a slice-of-life drama with a very positive tone.

This is just the Wrap-Up Special video, so the final color grade and look remain unknown. However, I’m hoping it won’t be overly bright or lack contrast like this video. While I anticipate the final product will retain some brightness, a more dynamic lighting setup should complement the drama quite well.

"I want to seize both opportunity and love."

It wasn’t clear from the announcement what the relationship between Tong Yao’s and Li Zefeng’s characters would be, but it’s now clear that they will play a couple. I’m quite happy about this because I really enjoyed their chemistry in Nothing But Thirty.

"A small seed also wants to see the bigger world."

The main storyline will still center around the two sisters, which remains unchanged. We now have more details about the other cast members, and the Wrap-Up Special Video also sheds light on some of the relationships. I still believe that this will depart quite a bit from the novel, which is not necessarily a bad thing, at least for me, since I prefer slice-of-life stories to romance.

I’m still trying to recover from the incredible Tender Light, and I hope that Tong Yao will be offered and will accept more dramas or films with complex and substantial characters like Nan Ya. Nevertheless, I’m looking forward to this series and hope that it will be good.

If you wish to check out my Tong Yao guide, please click me.

No comments: