description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Thursday, April 25, 2024

Chinese drama: Gone with the Wind 微暗之火 - making of w/ English Sub

#TongYao #童瑶 #微暗之火 #GoneWithTheWind #ZhangXincheng #张新成​​​ #cdrama


Gone with the Wind's Weibo page released a fascinating making-of video yesterday, which I found compelling enough to subtitle and share with fellow fans below. (and also cos I needed a project to finally force me to use Davinci instead of Premiere Pro 😆)The clip clearly demonstrates the immense thought and care that went into the creation of this series. 

source

What I found particularly exciting is director Yao Xiaofeng's revelation that the series will employ a Rashomon-style narrative structure. As a student, I was a big fan of many of Akira Kurosawa’s films. I would even spend time in the university library watching films like Rashomon, Ran, and Seven Samurai. I was so captivated by Rashomon that I bought the Criterion Edition.

For those unfamiliar with the term, a Rashomon-style narrative presents multiple characters' accounts of the same incident, offering diverse perspectives to the audience. This complex structure can be challenging to execute but leads to thought-provoking explorations of truth and perspective. After all, it leaves us questioning - which “truth” is the real “truth”?  Is there even one true "truth" or a real "truth" in the first place?

Two more days!  Can't wait!

If you wish to check out the other articles related to this title please click me.
If you wish to check out my Tong Yao guide, please click me.

No comments: