description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Friday, March 18, 2022

Confirmed #微暗之火 #TongYao #童瑶 #StevenZhang #张新成

We can pretty much confirm that both Tong Yao and Steven Zhang did indeed work on 微暗之火 (weianzhihuo).  Some websites translate the title as #PaleFire but I'm not sure if that's official yet.

Until today, I wasn't certain that I could confirm this even though I did see flowers and a poster congratulating Steven Zhang on wrapping work on the series several days ago.  I was inclined to believe that it was confirmed.  However, because it was an illustration and I didn't know if I could trust the source 100% and because Steven Zhang himself didn't clearly indicate what series he wrapped work on on his Weibo, I didn't want to jump the gun.

source

The only thing I knew for sure was that he definitely worked with Tong Yao on something and that he acknowledged on his Weibo that he had wrapped work on it.

source

But now, I'm pretty sure that the stars and the production team are comfortable enough to give out more concrete hints.  And that's because of an exchange that occurred between Steven Zhang and Tong Yao on Weibo.

Tong Yao's new series Life is a Long Quiet River was released yesterday and Steven Zhang decided to support Tong Yao by helping her promote the series and he posted this: 

source

This prompted Tong Yao to thank him in the comments thread where she wrote:

source

And today she posted this on her Weibo:

source

Why is this significant, you might ask?  Both of them never mentioned 微暗之火 (for ease of reference, I will also refer to it as Pale Fire for now).  Although both of them did not mention Pale Fire, the significance is in what they wrote because what they wrote references the novel that Pale Fire is based on.  Pale Fire is based on the novel Xiao Nan Feng written by Jiu Yuexi (玖月晞).

Steven Zhang wrote, "小师姐的戏播了,大家约着一起看呀."  In his post he called Tong Yao, Xiao Shijie (小师姐) which is a nickname his character in the novel Zhou Luo (周洛) calls her.  When she thanked him in the comments, she wrote, "谢谢洛", Luo is Zhou Luo's name is Xiao Nan Feng

And finally, I think Tong Yao also wrapped up her part in Pale Fire and she commemorated that moment with a short video of the location and this line, "清水镇的周洛,谢谢你。(Zhou Luo of Qingshui Town, thank you.)  This is the most direct piece of evidence that they both worked on Pale Fire.  Because this is the line that pops up in the official summary for this book. 

I'm quite looking forward to this.  I like Steven Zhang as an actor and the story sounds interesting.  I'm just worried about the Chinese censors now.  Please, don't chop this up unnecessarily!!! 

(For capsule reviews and links to other reviews of Tong Yao's work, please CLICK ME)

No comments: