description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Sunday, April 02, 2017

#ColdplaySingapore ~ so high, so high!


The Coldplay concert in Singapore on 1st April 2017 was EPIC!!!!! It's truly one of the best lives I have ever been to.  I enjoyed it immensely!!!

It felt like the first time I walked out of a Kalafina live and the first time I walked out of a Yuki Kajiura live.  I was deliriously drunk with happiness.  I became an addict.  Once was not enough.  I wanted more and needed more.

And that kind of high is so aptly summed up in the chorus of Coldplay's song "Hymn for the Weekend".

"I oh I oh I
got me feeling drunk and high
so high so high
oh I oh I oh I
now I’m feeling drunk and high
so high so high"





All who know me well know that I really love music and listen quite widely. I listen across genres, cultures and years.  And I really enjoy lives too.  So while I have heard Coldplay's songs before, I cannot say that I'm a huge fan or anything like that.  But once you've been to a Coldplay live, I really believe it's very hard not to become a fan.  Their live was really something else.  It had sooooooo much energy and Chris Martin had a lot of presence on stage and yet, at the same time, he felt so personal and sincere.

Coldplay is the kind of band that must really be seen live. The crowd sang along to so many of their songs. A lot of them are very nice to sing along to and I sang along to as many of them as I knew. And I also danced and jumped and punched the air.... it was a great deal of fun!

The laser show and the flashing wrist bands really added to the atmosphere too and its really beautiful to see the National Stadium awash with so many sparkling lights.

At one point, the band left the main stage and the extended runway to a smaller stage which got us quite excited because it was closer to our seats. :)  And it was there that Chris Martin composed and sang a song for Singapore. He did it on the spot too and WE LOVED IT!!!  My friend shot a video of it and shared it via FB messenger.  And because of that the quality is not very good but I'm sure there will be many more recordings of it somewhere online.  A lot of people were shooting and it's very good of them to let us do it.

Thank you Chris Martin for composing a song for Singapore.  It was truly awesome!!!



I didn't shoot much.  I didn't want to and I seldom do so at lives even if they allowed it.  I prefer to enjoy the live full on. I'm only writing this short blog post and posting a few photos and videos because I really wish to commemorate this moment.  My videos aren't the best quality, neither are my photos.  You can probably find loads of better shot and better quality ones on YouTube etc soon enough.  These vids and photos are for me and are special for me because they have become part of my memories and something I am sure I will view a few times in the future just to re-live this moment. :)

I regret that I never got around to writing the post about Yuki Kajiura's SAO live in Osaka last year.  And I never got around to writing one for Suiyoubi no Campanella at Laneway in Singapore this year.  So while I am still so high and unable to sleep, I decided to write so I would never forget this night.... even though I don't think I could ever forget this night. :)

When (I take that Singapore song as a promise of more Coldplay in SG :P) Coldplay comes back to Singapore again, I'm definitely going again!!  It was an AWESOME live. Thank you Coldplay!!!! Thank you for coming and thank you for an AWESOME live. :)

And now I think I can sleep. :)

No comments: