description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 25th April 2024

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Kalafina ~ Winter Acoustic "Kalafina with Strings" - unboxing / comments

#Kalafina 's Winter Acoustics "Kalafina with Strings" arrived in the mail today!!!!! :)  And it's LOVELY!!!!!  I know what I'll be looping on my player on my way to work tomorrow.


I can't even concentrate on writing this post because I keep stopping to really listen to the album as it plays.  Yup......  I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!


Hahahaha... this album really showcases their harmony and Kajiura Yuki's abilities at Chorus Arrangement.  A lot of it is VERY pretty and Kajiura Yuki knows just how to arrange it so that each song brings out the best of each of the vocalists in Kalafina.  In my opinion, if you love Kalafina's harmony, it's hard not to at the very least like this album.

First though, all the photos of the unboxing of this album.

             

Oh... btw, the first photo on top is the photo of the postcard tokuten that comes with this release.  You can tell that this isn't a major release for Kalafina because only one version of the CD and one version of the postcard for all shops.

As usual, I shot photos of the album with the shrink wrap on and off.  I wasn't expecting photos of the trio because this didn't seem like a major release but they did include photos of them individually and also as a group on stage.  Because there weren't many photos of them, I decided to shoot them all. The quality won't be as good as scans but I'm sure sooner or later someone will scan their booklet and put it online somewhere and you can go check them out then.

I only shot one photo of the lyrics page because it's really that simple.  I shot the usual FJC insert page but also shot the backside.  They Christmas acoustic tour seems to be selling well with most locations sold out.  I would love to have gone but the year has been a little tumultuous and I have had to cut back on travelling to Japan for a bit for now.  Fingers crossed, next year, maybe next year I could make it to a Kalafina and/or a Kajiura Yuki live. :)

I included more than one photo of the credits page because I think that's of interest of some of us.  It's not the clearest of shots but I think most people can probably make it out... I think. :P

Although this doesn't seem to be a major release from Kalafina... STILL.... for me, this is a really worthy release and one I think all fans of Kalafina should buy.  Seriously, I think it would be a rare Kalafina fan who doesn't at the very least like their harmony, if not love it to varying degrees and this album really showcases it.  Also, the arrangements, both my Kajiura Yuki and the other collaborators are all quite engaging.

Also, I really need to say this.  WOW!! They really worked very hard on their English pronunciation and enunciation.  It's really very impressive now especially for old time fans who know how different it was way back then.  I'm the most impress with how far Keiko has come.  Much as I love her, I cannot but admit that her English pronunciation was the least good of the three and Hikaru's was the best then.  Now, I didn't have an issue with their pronunciation then, it's just that I feel a need to mention it here because I know it must have too a lot of work for them to get to this point and I feel a need to congratulate them on doing a splendid job!

Kajiura Yuki also wrote a new song for this album.  It's called "Yasashii Uta" and it's really enchanting. I really like it.  I must say, it feels like she's treading new ground with this song because I can't really recall any song that she has written that might be similar to this song.  At least, nothing comes easily to mind.  It's a little like how some of the songs in the "far on the water" felt, e.g. Identify, really sounded so different from her usual stuff.  "Yasashii Uta" has a really nice melody and the girls sing it in a delightful and almost playful fashion. It conjures up images of girls skipping from stepping stone to stepping stone in a small stream.  Keiko opens it singing in her seldom heard "pretty" voice and she maintains this throughout most of the song.  It works very well in this song and all their voices combine and separate and overlay exquisitely.  I have already looped this song three times. :)  Yes, I like it that much and I'll probably loop it many more times in the future.  For now... I need to go to bed.  It's an early day tomorrow and I'm so glad this album arrived in time for me to enjoy my hour long ride in the bus to the office tomorrow. :)

Good night. :)

OH.... one last thing before I go.  Please do support good music and buy the album if you can afford it.

Below is the link to the album on CDJapan.  Please feel free to use this link or any other link or webshop you prefer.  cheers :)

Winter Acoustic "Kalafina with Strings"


4 comments:

z. imama said...

Hi! I stumbled upon you blog and I'm really surprised with its content! I'll be regularly visit your blog from now on :D

I love Kalafina too, and I really want to attend their concert at least ONCE in my life. Could you please let me (and other readers) to to get their concert ticket as an international fan? That is, if only you do not mind. Thank you!

just me said...

Hello!

Thanks for visiting the my blog. :) I've been kinda busy lately but after I finish with my exams I should have a bit more time to update the blog. :)

Hmmmmm.... right now getting tickets to their lives in Japan is a little tricky. I have a friend who helps me with it but, unfortunately, I cannot ask my friend to help everyone. She would be overwhelmed.

Currently, the way most people do it is to use a proxy buyer to help them to purchase these tickets. There are various points in time where you can attempt to buy tickets to their lives. The best is if you sign up to a FJC membership because it allows you to be the first group of people to apply for the ticket lottery.

This ticket lottery doesn't mean you will 100% get a ticket. It just means that you are part of the first group of people to apply and they will do a random draw after the application date has closed.

If you win, you will be given a ticket and a seat number or ticket number (for all standing lives) will be issued to you. Sometimes the seat number or ticket number (for all standing lives) will be issued at a later date from the time you are informed of getting a ticket.

After that, you will need to pay for this ticket at one of the machines at a conbini like Lawsons, for example. And you will need to pay for this ticket bay a certain stipulated date.

So as you can see, while you can apply for the lottery online by yourself, if you understand Japanese, you will need someone to help you pay for it if you do not reside in Japan.

Hence, you will need to enlist the help of a proxy buyer. This person / company can also help you with fan club applications and applications for tickets if you wish. You don't need to have a fan club membership to apply for most of these tickets though. There are several types of priority applications for the tickets before the tickets are opened to general sales. For example, if you buy one of their CDs, they often come with an application for the tickets etc.

If you know that you definitely want to go to a specific live, you can try and Facebook messenger me. And if I know of anyone who may have tickets to let go at cost, I can try and put you in touch with them. But I cannot guarantee anything either, I can only ask around.

I hope you can one day attend one of their lives in the future. I really think it's worth going. :)

I hope I've managed to help you. :)

cheers :)

z. imama said...

Hi, Sharon. Thank you for replying to my message (and I'm sorry for not noticing your response earlier). I'm very happy hearing that you allow me to contact you through Facebook messenger. Will do sometime soon. I really hope I can attend at least one of their live concerts, so it's very kind of you for the consideration.

just me said...

No worries. :)